baby out w/ the bathwater?

GoldZ

Dodd-Like
Good post law, but 8 of the best quarters since Ross?! That's a bit of a stretch don't ya think? THWG

Originally posted by GoldZ:
Good post law, but 8 of the best quarters since Ross?! That's a bit of a stretch don't ya think? THWG
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think Law is right when you consider both sides of the line.

Originally posted by law_bee:
The clemson loss was pathetic and the Vandy game was horrible.

But the two games prior to that were 8 of the finest quarters GT has had since Ross.

If Auburn beats Tennessee what does that mean for GT and yes GAILEY?

What pisses me off the MOST is the speed at which people want CG's head. Some of you people have NEVER given him a chance and your credibility now is worthless.

You were probably the same people calling for Bobby Ross head when he struggled. The reality is that it is too early to tell whether CG is the right man for the job. Hopefully we will know for sure by the end of the season.

As we have just secured our 7th recruit it appears that CG is doing enough stuff right for him to continue to get the benefit of the doubt in the short term.

IF YOU PEOPLE RUN THIS GUY OFF you better make damn sure you can bring in someone better. Just think about the misery that Clemson and NC have felt the last few years.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Great post. As I have said before, I have only been a Jacket for a small period of time when compared to many of, if not most of the people on this board. But the Auburn and FSU games we played this year were two of the best games I have watched us play in.

Then, I watched us play one of the worst games I've seen us in. Should Gailey be gone because of it? Heck no.

I am hoping and praying that Chan is the man who will get this program going in the right direction, and I have faith that he will. If not, I will be behind the man who replaces him.

I call B*** S*** on the 8 quarters thing. Law, this my be the first time I have ever disagreed with you.

We lost against F$U. Yes we played great but it wasn't the greatest we have played. We lost.

I would put UGA in 2000 as the best 4 quarters we have played. We came out and whipped their arses. Godsey himself smoked them. UGA made a run at us with the freak Randy McMichael, but we sucked it up, dug in, and played lights out to make the game a near blow out. That was in my mind, the greated 4 quarters we have played since ross. The previous week we beat Maryland pretty easily with a 28 - 0 halftime lead.

A 2-0 record that includes beating uga, beats a 1-1 record with another loss to F$U anyday of the week. Of course that is purely my opinion however!

Originally posted by BEESerk:
I call B*** S*** on the 8 quarters thing. Law, this my be the first time I have ever disagreed with you.

We lost against F$U. Yes we played great but it wasn't the greatest we have played. We lost.

I would put UGA in 2000 as the best 4 quarters we have played. We came out and whipped their arses. Godsey himself smoked them. UGA made a run at us with the freak Randy McMichael, but we sucked it up, dug in, and played lights out to make the game a near blow out. That was in my mind, the greated 4 quarters we have played since ross. The previous week we beat Maryland pretty easily with a 28 - 0 halftime lead.

A 2-0 record that includes beating uga, beats a 1-1 record with another loss to F$U anyday of the week. Of course that is purely my opinion however!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">we were 24pt dogs to F$U. Auburn was picked #1 one poll and a consensus top 5.

ask fridge what he would do for a 1pt F$U loss? fridge has been getting his but kicked for 10 years straight

and now auburn is 2pt favorites over Tenn

I stand by the statement that that was best 8 quarters in a VERY long time.

Good rebuttal Law, but I rebutt your butt!

"we were 24pt dogs to F$U. Auburn was picked #1 one poll and a consensus top 5"

Valid points, but I counter with the fact that both of these games were within the first 3 weeks. We beat UGA in the LAST week of the season where rankings have really shook out. So what if Auburn WAS ranked #1 PREASEASON? They were actually ranked #17 at the time. I will give Auburn back to you if they finish at #17 or higher by the 10th week.

The F$U game was a huge performance by the jackets and we simply whipped them for almost the entire game. We still lost. That is not "good" in my book.

"ask fridge what he would do for a 1pt F$U loss? fridge has been getting his but kicked for 10 years straight"

I bet you good money he would do nothing. This is one of those "moral victory" statements. Horsecrap. Kudos to the players for their performance, but it still goes down a big fat LOSS.

"and now auburn is 2pt favorites over Tenn"

good for Auburn. It will certainly help our SOS IF they actually beat Tenn.

"I stand by the statement that that was best 8 quarters in a VERY long time"

I certaily respect that too. I just happen to disagree with it.

you are right that an L is an L but we can look at Nebraska and "can't win the big game" osborne to examine that further.

Osborne had gotten a wrap of cannot win the big game.

Osborne was close on MANY occasions but he finally climbed the hill but only after those early losses

I think we are getting ready to climb that f$u hill and that 1pt loss was just one more peice of the puzzle

Originally posted by law_bee:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BEESerk:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">we were 24pt dogs to F$U. Auburn was picked #1 one poll and a consensus top 5.

ask fridge what he would do for a 1pt F$U loss? fridge has been getting his but kicked for 10 years straight

and now auburn is 2pt favorites over Tenn

I stand by the statement that that was best 8 quarters in a VERY long time.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Of
all the most foolish of thoughts....you must be just trying....no begging to piss me and others off who have a high regard for Techs recent successes as well as their more distant ones....Auburn is nowhere near the hype and F$U struggled until Bobby Bowden pulled out the nohuddle and shotgun....if you wish to see these games placed into their proper perspectives that just about sums it up. You sir have strived to pretend the successes of George O'Leary's time on the Flats never existed! Congradulations. Now I challenge you to find 12 more pathetic quarters than 2002 Georgia...2002 Fresno State...2003 Clemson...12 quarters among the last 28 played by Georgia Tech...Go back to when George O'leary took over and get back with me. First 58 minutes of the Vanderbilt game would'nt among Tech's finest minutes in your opinion? Damned surprising.

The clemson loss was pathetic and the Vandy game was horrible.

But the two games prior to that were 8 of the finest quarters GT has had since Ross.

If Auburn beats Tennessee what does that mean for GT and yes GAILEY?

What pisses me off the MOST is the speed at which people want CG's head. Some of you people have NEVER given him a chance and your credibility now is worthless.

You were probably the same people calling for Bobby Ross head when he struggled. The reality is that it is too early to tell whether CG is the right man for the job. Hopefully we will know for sure by the end of the season.

As we have just secured our 7th recruit it appears that CG is doing enough stuff right for him to continue to get the benefit of the doubt in the short term.

IF YOU PEOPLE RUN THIS GUY OFF you better make damn sure you can bring in someone better. Just think about the misery that Clemson and NC have felt the last few years.

stateline, its sad that so many people actually respond to you. I would tell you to go back to your board (vent) but you obviously are having more fun here. why my fellow hivers take your bait surprises me. flame away jerk..

Fridge might tell you that the 2000 FSU game was as close or closer than this years loss even though there were an extra couple of points. Tech had the ball inside FSU's 30 yard line with under 2 minutes to play and needing a touchdown for a win. That went closer to the wire (and we also entered the 4th winning). I just wanted to give the Fridge his due (and 1999 wasn't a bad game either).

The Auburn and FSU games were great games (sometimes, when you are outmatched and you know it, a loss can be a positive thing even though it still hurts like all get out). They were definately the best defensive games played since Ross (with the possible exception of the 2000 UGA game. The D was more dominant than the score indicated). I don't think I'd count the 4th quarter at FSU as a great quarter of football. FSU dominanted that quarter.

Barring several meltdowns against low end teams, Gailey will be around another couple of years.

Actually the 4 qtrs of Auburn and the first 2 of FSU were 6 of the best. The last 2 of FSU this year were not. (Take both sides of the ball)

The first 2 quarters at UGA in 2000 were as good as these. The last 2 were not, we hung on and almost let UGAg back in the game.

Boston College in '98 were 4 sucky quarters under O'Leary.

We stunk it up really bad the 2nd half of Clemson in '01. (I think Smith going down was a big part of this. That coaching staff never adjusted to losing him, he was keying Dantzler to that point and we didn't have a replacement.)

UVa in '01 with the hook and ladder was too ugly to remember.

I still have scars of the last 2 quarters against FSU in '92. And what year was it that UGAg spanked our fannies at BDS and then there was the free-for-all at the end of the game in the south end zone because Donnan was trying to RUTS? Was that 97 maybe?
These are some of the good, bad, and ugly off the top of my head.

Back