Bad News: Look at Auburn(Link)

Actually I think its good news... just means we will beat a ranked team early in the season...

They are going to be a challenge. We'll be the underdog. BDS will be rocking. I just hope we don't get overtaken by too many Auburn fans. It'll be a great way to open the season.

Originally posted by bugboy:
They are going to be a challenge. We'll be the underdog. BDS will be rocking. I just hope we don't get overtaken by too many Auburn fans. It'll be a great way to open the season.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Its sad to admit this but our stadium will be 20k worth of Auburn and UGA this year. (10k of the allotment we give them; plus another 10k of their fans picking ticks up). GT will sell their typical 20k-25k (then add 10k for the students) in seasons and all those tickets will be left over. It sucks...but unfortunately we just don't have the backing we deserve.

To me this is the whole point of getting Auburn and TN back on the schedule. Good teams and exciting games. Hopefully we compete at that level and take an upset win. But either way I'd rather play them than Navy or Vandy.

Its sad to admit this but our stadium will be 20k worth of Auburn and UGA this year. (10k of the allotment we give them; plus another 10k of their fans picking ticks up). GT will sell their typical 20k-25k (then add 10k for the students) in seasons and all those tickets will be left over. It sucks...but unfortunately we just don't have the backing we deserve.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think we'll see the biggest GT crowd in several
years for this game, for a couple of reasons...

1) BDS renovations will be completed
2) We always sell out opening day regardless of opponent
3) We'll be playing Auburn

Originally posted by gtfan1147:
Look at this preseason top 25 link

Bad news as we play Auburn early.

web page
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">This is only bad news if you're married to an Auburn grad
. Otherwise, the staff & players should be fired up about playing a big time opponent(according to preseason rankings which, BTW, mean nothing - where was Ohio St. ranked to begin the season? Certainly not #1). Therefore, the fans should be fired up about it. Like I am.

the staff & players should be fired up about playing a big time opponent
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">CB you are absoutely right. The keyword in your quote is "SHOULD". Based on this past season "SHOULD" will not happen.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
To me this is the whole point of getting Auburn and TN back on the schedule. Good teams and exciting games. Hopefully we compete at that level and take an upset win. But either way I'd rather play them than Navy or Vandy.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Agree with you NC Jacket execpt for why are you "hoping" we can compete and pull an "upset" win? "Demanding" that we compete and resulting wins won't be "upsets".

Originally posted by CrackerJacket:
I think we'll see the biggest GT crowd in several
years for this game, for a couple of reasons...

1) BDS renovations will be completed
2) We always sell out opening day regardless of opponent
3) We'll be playing Auburn
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I hope your right....but we haven't experienced an opening day with 13k extra seats in a while; plus all those opening day sellouts you speak of were barely sellouts. What I mean by that is ticket demand wasn't too high...we almost "backed" into a few sellouts (ie Vandy and the Costco deal). But b/c it is Auburn I hope that draws more GT fans....HOPE being the key word. I never know what to expect with our fanbase.

Back