Bad pub for JD

I don't see how basically admitting that cutting your least injury-prone leading rusher last year was based on subjective coach's opinions, is bad press for JD.

You basically cut JD, so that you could play a worse version of him until your star RB who will also be worse than JD comes back from injury.

I refuse to believe Dwyer will not get picked up this season, although the Browns did skip on him.

This means I can go back to unconditionally hating the Steelers, right?

I hope the Falcons pick him up. Jackson is still avoid back but probably only has 2-3 more solid years in him. Dwyer could be some good young talent to bring in that is similar to Jackson's running style.

I hope it's not the end of his career. He never scored the kind of contract that would set him up for life, and I'm guessing he never finished his degree. Some team will pick him up. If not now, then soon, when an injury causes a team to look at free agents.

I don't see how basically admitting that cutting your least injury-prone leading rusher last year was based on subjective coach's opinions, is bad press for JD.

The bad press is the statement that "Dwyer, the team's leading rusher in their spin-the-bottle approach to halfback last season, was waived Saturday in part because his coaches did not feel he took his job seriously enough." That was true the first few seasons, when he showed up for camp every year overweight and out of shape. This year was better, but he'll have to convince another team that he wants it badly enough.

He's gonna get another shot. LINK

also, this bit of weirdness. LINK

"Dwyer's release, however, wasn't at the urging of the Steelers' coaching staff," Guess the front office did it?

I pondered taking Dwyer in the late rounds of my fantasy draft, for about 5 minutes before I remembered how lazy he was even at GT.

He'll be a member of the Jaguars before Tebow will

Hard to believe Anthony Allen will have a longer NFL career than Dwyer.

Sounds like a salary cap play by the GM, not "he didn't want it enough" or whatever. In the rumor mill that gets into sports articles, these kinds of decisions get dressed up and exaggerated all the time.

Still, it does seem like if he put in truly exceptional effort he could have been a top-tier NFL running back. As it is, he's a serviceable starter or back-up.

Anthony Allen was also released. Dwyer has a better chance of getting picked up than him.
Allen is really good on special teams, something Dwyer refuses or is incapable of playing.

It all depends on team needs.

Steelers had 32 yards on 15 rushing attempts today.
Dwyer, according to the Boston Globe, was brought in earlier in the week by the Patriots.
Think Pittsburgh wants to find his phone number again quick?

Steelers had 32 yards on 15 rushing attempts today.
Dwyer, according to the Boston Globe, was brought in earlier in the week by the Patriots.
Think Pittsburgh wants to find his phone number again quick?

Apparently, Dwyer wasn't the problem in Pittsburgh. I hope he gets a fresh start somewhere else, and not Atlanta. Somewhere he can really help. I am just not a big believer that Atlanta would be that place.

Back