Bark Madley: Tech's Best Offense is it's Defense

BeesballH1986

Flats Noob
Actually, a pretty good article from Mark today. Had a few lines and quips that I really liked.

That’s an average of 1.3 yards per snap, which means you could have granted the Devils seven downs and it still would’ve been eighth-and-1.
Which is just silly. You only get 8 downs if you're Colorado circa-1990.

[Duke] would also finish with nine whole first downs, sending Griffin into a state of deep depression.
I found that funny. Then there was some stuff about nicknames for the front four, including this comment which may or may not have been made in jest:

Actually, the great minds in Tech’s sports information department are toying with the idea of having fans vote on a nickname via RamblinWreck.com.
Well, okay. My vote for the front four would be the "Impregnable Quadrilateral," which would be nice because of the connection to Tech alum Bobby Jones, and more so just because it would be fun to hear Wes say that a few times each game. Also, my nickname for Dwyer would be "Manimal."

But my favorite part of the article was this bit at the end:

But if you consult Hurricane Mike, nothing so trivial is needed. “We’re just the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets,” Michael Johnson said. “We win together.”

Back