Barnhardt = AGENDA?

law_bee

Dodd-Like
This is the same guy that trashes us every chance he gets and I assure you he does not want the ACC to become the big kid on the block.

We will see if his story holds water.

Law:
I hope this doesn't all fall apart!! An FYI,
I went out with a BC football player who is now a lawyer and President of the BC Varsity Club. We grew up and went to school together and remain very close.

He told me in BC's Varsity Club meeting last week, lettermen were very interested in the ACC but BC (administration) has some reservations about the set up if it should happen. He said Gene DiFilipo BC's AD who was at the meeting, had talks with Miami and Syracuse and they were all concerned about getting the opportunity to continue to play each other during the season.

He thought that the set-up of the divisions would be a big factor in this whole process. He also said that it would have to happen very quickly because when administrations think too long, they start coming up with reasons to say no.

Here's hoping they move quickly!!!!

Good point. Barnyard has very good connections in the SEC and to UGA, but if he is required to actually do some reporting on the bigger ACC his lack of journalism skills will be exposed. As an example, look at his article in today's fish wrapper. "Reports say." "Reports suggest." He doesn't quote a single source because he has none. I could have written that article and I live in New York.

At one time the momentum seemed to dictate that expansion would almost be a certainty but as this thing drags out everyone wants their own way or it won't fly. I did read on a couple of Big East Boards last night that said if the Carolina schools were successful in blocking expansion that the ACC would lose some schools as a result.
It didn't name the schools or the number of schools involved but I really can't get excited about expansion because of the Carolina schools
insistence on having their way about everything
and this could be wearing thin on Tech, FSU, and Clemson. I woud love to see us and Clemson and FSU
form another conference and it would seem that now is the right time because the Big East is dropping the basketball only schools and concentrate on an all sports conference whether the ACC steals these teams or not. Right now there seems to be far too many obstacles to expansion to ever get seven schools to come on board. We don't need to allow the Carolina schools to jerk us around anymore.

Back