Barnhart: Saturday meeting a waste, ACC in trouble.....

I wouldn't at all mind not adding Syracuse for a few reasons.

1) We would get to add Virginia Tech.

2) Jim Boeheim doesn't want to be there anyway.

3) They don't even have a baseball team.

I'm just guessing but I'm goona go with Wake Forest being the new monkey wrench in expansion plans.

As for Syracuse, didn't Miami more or less say they wouldn't join without Syracuse because of the numbers they have from the New York area?

This is getting more ridiculous every day!! Whenever someone comes up with a solution to finally get this done, someone else pokes their head up and screams "Foul"!!

Bottom Line: Not EVERY school will be pleased no matter what. Just take the one that will pass and go from there.

Every move Swofford makes and every reply makes the news. TERRIBLE PR BY SWOFFORD!!

We at GT need to cover our A^& and do EVERYTHING possible to try and get in the SEC. We are killing ourselves being associated with this whine & cheese conference. How stupid are GT folks anyway?

Word up here is that it's not Wake holding things up but NCState. For some reason State has a real problem with VTech, maybe due to competition for engineering students from NC and VA? But they really don't want them in the league.

I think Tech, FSU and Clemson need to go ahead and let the rest of the conference know that we will be exploring other options if expansion doesn't go through. Not a threat to leave, since there isn't currently anyplace to go. But put them on notice that we think they are killing the conference and that if we see a better opportunity for ourselves we're gone. Then let's start working on something else for when the BCS gets to work on the next round.

I don't know if the SEC will ever be an option for Tech again, but we really do need to start working on options (if we aren't already). And we're much stronger if we're in this with FSU, Miami and Clemson.

And texstinger, just what are Tech folks doing that is stupid? We can't rejoin the SEC. They don't want us, at least not now. If we leave the ACC is costs something like $7M and our payout from the league last year was the highest ever by any conference. The problem is the future state of college football, not anything that is happening right now.

I too have read that NC State is bitterly opposed to VT entering the ACC. It seems from here that using the six votes to change the bylaws that would allow two thirds of the membership or SIX votes to vote in new members is the only shot they have if they are serious about expansion. They can have these meetings indefinitely and the two BLUEBLOODS are not going to negotiate. They want the whole pie. I don't feel any animosity toward Dr. Casteen the President of Virginia because he has a hammer over his head by all those politicians which has left him with no wiggle room.

Originally posted by Big Buck:
I too have read that NC State is bitterly opposed to VT entering the ACC. It seems from here that using the six votes to change the bylaws that would allow two thirds of the membership or SIX votes to vote in new members is the only shot they have if they are serious about expansion. They can have these meetings indefinitely and the two BLUEBLOODS are not going to negotiate. They want the whole pie. I don't feel any animosity toward Dr. Casteen the President of Virginia because he has a hammer over his head by all those politicians which has left him with no wiggle room.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BB: How funny this is because our best friends went to NC State and the State fans wanted VT instead of Syracuse!!! It seems as though these folks are not talking to the right people - then fans! I really do believe sometimes they need to extend an hand to us and ask what we think - I guess us buying tix and attending games means nothing!!

Back