Barstool sports says keep the TO

If we could have convinced Dwyer type BB's and Spiller type AB's to come play our option game, with a D. Thomas at WR, the 3-O or flexbone would have worked fine. As it was, the perception of the offense as 3 yards and a cloud of duat hurt us, even though we showed we hit for big plays quite often

If we could have convinced Dwyer type BB's and Spiller type AB's to come play our option game, with a D. Thomas at WR, the 3-O or flexbone would have worked fine. As it was, the perception of the offense as 3 yards and a cloud of duat hurt us, even though we showed we hit for big plays quite often

Scoring was never the problem.

Guy must have gotten a hardcover version of Roget's Clicheasarus for his birthday.

The TO is a thing of beauty when it's working, and I enjoyed having it associated with GT. But it was always frustrating to think that we need to score on every single possession because we couldn't stop anyone when we were on defense. I'm not sure of the extent to which the TO hurt our defense through recruiting, but I'm looking forward to seeing something different and watching the service academies and KSU continue the CPJ offense.

Yeah, dude was trying to be tongue in cheek funny and it was just meh. Still, I get his clumsy attempt at showing appreciation for the TO. It was certainly fun to watch us frustrate and demoralize the likes of VPI and Loserville last year.

I still like the option, but to continue with it after CPJ retired would have meant limiting ourselves to basically 3 head coaches, one of whom has no FBS experience and one of whom is on a downward trajectory. So, really, one head coach.
Besides that, it was more toxic with recruits than ever, and certainly more than I wanted to believe at the time. New Era.

Last edited:
See, it's a humorous article and I like the cut of his jib. Who knows, we could see the triple option back at Tech one day. Too bad CPJ didn't have any sons.

Back