Basher's handbook update...

Axe

Flats Noob
Basher\'s handbook update...

To: Chan Gailey bashers.

Re: Evaluating good wins, bad wins, good losses, and bad losses.

Update Section 3 Paragraph 2:

"...When attempting to bash the head football coach it is important to put the game in it's proper perspective. If GT plays a great football game and nearly upsets a Top 10 team that is beating the crap out of everyone but losses by 1 point, you must let the world know that this means nothing. Close is for horse shoes and hand grenades. However, and this is very important, if GT does not play well against a poor team, but manages to pull out the victory the opposite will apply. The victory means nothing. We must evaluate the entire game and not let the fact that GT won cloud our judgement."

We've received a lot of requests on when it is acceptable to begin evaluating a football season. Our manual is very clear, so quit wasting time e-mailing us, and read your freakin' manual.

Section 4, Paragraph 6:

"...it is not appropriate to use 1, 2, or even 3 games as way to evaluate Georgia Tech football when they are playing good football. You can't judge Georgia Tech by 1 or 2 positive performances. They will screw up later you can be assured. However, it is acceptable to post on Stingtalk or the Hive and call for Coach Gailey's head with 2 minutes left in the game. If GT is playing bad, it is only natural to assume this will continue."

One more bit of housekeeping. Some of you need to learn how to deal better with GT wins. This is nothing to get alarmed about. Just turn to your manual.

Section 1 Paragraph 4:

"...in the unlikely event that GT does win a football game you can turn to a number of simple techniques to deflect credit. The most simple and effective technique is "they suck." This is a very easy technique and can be used at any time. It doesn't matter if the team was Top 25 or preseason Top 10, this works like a charm. You can also use another tried and true technique called the "it was a bad day" line. For example, GT beat NCSU and UVA last year, but those teams were "not ready to play" or perhaps "they were flat." Doesn't matter, Groh and Amato still are the hot guys out there. IMPORTANT NOTE: These techniques are not permitted to be used in regard to GT. It is important that you never let that occur.

Thank you and happy bashing!

Re: Basher\'s handbook update...

If it did not ring so true, I could laugh.

I have actually read on this board this weekend about why our victory against Auburn wasn't worth anything, because they are 'not the team we thought they would be' (this is in spite of the fact that they will win 8-9 games, play on New Years day, and be ranked in the final 15), and read by the same fonts about how Tech is not in the same class as AU, because AU beat Vandy by 30+.

LOL..somewhere in the manual does it say anything about "don't let facts stand in the way of a good bash"?

hey Axe,

how the hades did you get hold of the Chan Basher's manual i wonder.

Originally posted by ylojk8:
hey Axe,

how the hades did you get hold of the Chan Basher's manual i wonder.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Some of the bashers are coincidentally bandwagon fans. When we hit the first bump in the road, several were bumped off of the bandwagon and lost their handbooks in the process.

Originally posted by ContactBuzz:

Some of the bashers are coincidentally bandwagon fans. When we hit the first bump in the road, several were bumped off of the bandwagon and lost their handbooks in the process.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Doh!

you'd figure that the Chan Bashers had come up with some self destruct mechanism in case the manual fell in to the wrong hands.

doh.jpg

after losing the Chan Basher's manual, the bandwagon fan was seen doing the above.

picked up one from ebay.

Sellers name was beewareofclosetdawgs, I have no idea how he got it.

From the FOCers handbook:

1. Stick your head in the sand (or up Gailey's arse) so that the view never changes

2. Pay no attention to the fact that our storied football program is being run into the ground.

3. Pay no attention to the fact that two years ago Bill O'Brien was bashed for letting our offense slip to 32 points per game while Chan now is averaging exactly one offensive TD per game.

4. If anyone has the audacity to (in their best Vince Lombardi voice) ask WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?...then they must be immediately bashed beyond recognition by the FOCers

6. Anyone that dares question Chan's hire or his coaching must be called every name in the book ( I mean how could a true Tech fan not just love what Chan is doing to our program right?)

7. Make every excuse for Chan that is possible...especially the fact that the he needs 5, 10, 15 or more years so that we will know if he can get the job done

8. Forget the fact that he came here because (in his own words) that no rebuilding was necessary

9. If anyone doesn't like what Chan is doing they are automatically a dawg

10. If all else fails...cry...cry..cry to the moderator

There is not a division one college coach in America that could have done a worse job than Chan Gailey has. He came in clueless and he remains clueless (anyone that went to Nashville can see that it is still true, too).

lol

that's pretty weak beeware. you losing your edge? suggest that you BuzzOff where people like MsTA appreciate your drivel. you're their demigod after all.

Originally posted by Axe:
To: Chan Gailey bashers.

Re: Evaluating good wins, bad wins, good losses, and bad losses.

Update Section 3 Paragraph 2:

"...When attempting to bash the head football coach it is important to put the game in it's proper perspective. If GT plays a great football game and nearly upsets a Top 10 team that is beating the crap out of everyone but losses by 1 point, you must let the world know that this means nothing. Close is for horse shoes and hand grenades. However, and this is very important, if GT does not play well against a poor team, but manages to pull out the victory the opposite will apply. The victory means nothing. We must evaluate the entire game and not let the fact that GT won cloud our judgement."

We've received a lot of requests on when it is acceptable to begin evaluating a football season. Our manual is very clear, so quit wasting time e-mailing us, and read your freakin' manual.

Section 4, Paragraph 6:

"...it is not appropriate to use 1, 2, or even 3 games as way to evaluate Georgia Tech football when they are playing good football. You can't judge Georgia Tech by 1 or 2 positive performances. They will screw up later you can be assured. However, it is acceptable to post on Stingtalk or the Hive and call for Coach Gailey's head with 2 minutes left in the game. If GT is playing bad, it is only natural to assume this will continue."

One more bit of housekeeping. Some of you need to learn how to deal better with GT wins. This is nothing to get alarmed about. Just turn to your manual.

Section 1 Paragraph 4:

"...in the unlikely event that GT does win a football game you can turn to a number of simple techniques to deflect credit. The most simple and effective technique is "they suck." This is a very easy technique and can be used at any time. It doesn't matter if the team was Top 25 or preseason Top 10, this works like a charm. You can also use another tried and true technique called the "it was a bad day" line. For example, GT beat NCSU and UVA last year, but those teams were "not ready to play" or perhaps "they were flat." Doesn't matter, Groh and Amato still are the hot guys out there. IMPORTANT NOTE: These techniques are not permitted to be used in regard to GT. It is important that you never let that occur.

Thank you and happy bashing!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Is this a copy of the "Ron Zook Bashing Guide" being sold on fireronzook.com? Sure looks like it except it is missing the subtitle which goes "For The Georgia Tech Fan Who Will Not Accept Mediocrity (OR WORSE) In It's Football Program"....substituting "Georgia Tech" in the title for "Florida".....this should immeadiatly be inserted into future copies. We don't want the average fan to think this is just a mindless rambling but is a very constructive guide to voicing changes in the Georgia Tech football program so that the future will have brighter days than the present.

'ware: go away

I point to the thread:
Negative post/ thread :

as a negative one that is more or less reasonable with some facts. Your stupid repetitive raving contributes nothing to this board and thankfully got you banned from the Hive.

Why don't you go back to firechangailey.com or hiregeorgeoleary.com or whatever rock you crawled out from under after retreating there after the Auburn game.

You have had a personal vendetta against Gailey since literally the day he was hired. I and other fonts have asked you why, and you have never answered the question. For your information, since you will never look at anything to do with Gailey objectively, the jury is still out on the man. The results he has had as coach are not what he or any Tech fan would wish, but any reasonable person can see that there are many positive things happening as well. I ask you (again) what will it take, what record will it requre, for you to admit Gailey is successful? Let me answer for you: If Gailey went undefeated and won the national championship you would still call for him to be fired!

Why???

Answer the question or go away.

Originally posted by beeware:

There is not a division one college coach in America that could have done a worse job than Chan Gailey has. He came in clueless and he remains clueless (anyone that went to Nashville can see that it is still true, too).
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Great can we hire John Mackovic as "special consultant"
Hey Jackie Sherrill has talent and no recruiting guidelines.
Fitz Hill
Billy Joe
Who ever coaches a Louisiana school not named LSU

I'm nitpicking, but there are worse and better coaches and none of them has a tougher job than GT....well maybe the Louisiana Schools.

Why do you assume BW has a personal vendetta against Chan? Perhaps he simply doesn't like the selection? Remember, Chan coached the only GT team that I can recall quitting against our arch rival.

McDaddy, you know as well as I do, you and BeeWare both came out against Chan Gailey as soon as he was hired and Mac was not. It had nothing to do with the UGA loss. The UGA game was a year later.

Axe, good post.

Father Time

You forgot about the major addendum to Section 9 paragraph 5 sub-part H which says:

"... in the event of an arguement to prove Gailey sucks, you are bombarded with factual evidence that would either claim a.) That Gailey has not had enough time or b.) Gailey actually did a good job, the following tactics will always come in handy:
1.) Ignore these posts in their entirety
and
2.) Keep repeating the same things over and over again.
Your opponets arguement will eventually be drowned out in your incessant fodder, while you strengthen your position by constantly repeating it. "

Axe, this addendum was passed in the double secret probation meeting we had on the third day of the 6th month in the year of the rat, when it was raining in Swahili. I'm surprised you didn't get the memo.

An addendum to beeware's grade school, childish post, and venemous spues against TRUE Tech Supporters; using his vomit clods as a "take-off:

"From the Anti-FOCers handbook:

1. Continue to be anti-Tech;//////// 'till there is a coach of your choosing.(sick; immature; disloyal to Tech, childish, not a true TEch FAn)

2. Pay no attention to the History of of storied football program,/////////// and know that your kind of fan is detrimental not helpful to the program. If you really care: CHANGE!!!!!. But it is evident that your only care is for "self".....ooo such a baby fan!

3. Pay no attention to the fact that two years ago Bill O'Brien was bashed for letting our offense slip to 32 points per game;//////////// also do not forget the soft schedule and that we are speaking of O'L's tenure where under an inept D.C. we were lucky to score enough points to win a game. (Esp. Clemson & Maryland; also that they were so ill-coached, that Burns ran out of bounds, when we had a certain win.) And do not forget that O'B was totally inept last year, to the extent that due to his incapabilites he was consigned to the "booth". (Which is where he is or will end up under Fridgen)
4. If anyone has the audacity to (in their best Vince Lombardi voice) ask WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?...then they must be immediately bashed beyond recognition by the FOCers:///////// Typical sour belly, sour-grapes expression by an immature person, who knows something about football, but very little about coaching, teams, and playing the game. Hey, beeware, you were probably a "band-boy" and never strapped on a jock.

6. Anyone that dares question Chan's hire or his coaching must be called every name in the book ( I mean how could a true Tech fan not just love what Chan is doing to our program right?) //////////////////////////// Also, all fence-straddle G.T. supporters should always be ready to steal the football and go home. That is what all children do who are undisciplined and unused to having their way (bullies also, I might add).

7. Make every excuse for Chan that is possible...especially the fact that the he needs 5, 10, 15 or more years so that we will know if he can get the job done.///////////////// Plus ignore, uninformed football followers who
pretend to understand the game and its various nuances. Plus realize that beeware and his ilk are just pretend supporters of Tech that fall off the wagon at every opportunity and understand loyalty about as much as they do nuclear physics and theology. Sickos!!!!!

8. Forget the fact that he came here because (in his own words) that no rebuilding was necessary ; ///////////////////also be willing to forgive football imbeciles who take such above statements and create doctrines made of men who are in truth "cry-babies" who did not get thier way, and who are not at all team kind of people.

9. If anyone doesn't like what Chan is doing they are automatically a dawg.,//////////// or pretending to be what they may, they are aiding and abetting the dawg cause.....what is the difference??? WOOF,WOOF!

10. If all else fails...cry...cry..cry to the moderator: ///////////////////////////////else there will be a continued flow of childish, anti-Tech verbage, that is recoiling to any true Tech FAn.

There is not a division one college coach in America that could have done a worse job than Chan Gailey has. He came in clueless and he remains clueless (anyone that went to Nashville can see that it is still true, too)./////////////////////////////////// In your dream hotrod-hopeful/pretender......take a look around the other boards daily and refect upon even those that disagree with their program: you will appear as a traitor that you really are in comparison!!!!!!!!! Your prejucial, bigotry exposes your sickness.

Folks: look at the words following the//////// and get a sensible reply to preducicial, bigoted verbage.

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
[QB]You forgot about the major addendum to Section 9 paragraph 5 sub-part H which says:

"... in the event of an arguement to prove Gailey sucks, you are bombarded with factual evidence that would either claim a.) That Gailey has not had enough time .....

So tell me now, when will "enough time" be? When will the sample size be large enough for us to know? Earlier you said that we would be pleased by the end of this season. Will 25 (or 26 if we win 6+ games) be a large enough sample? JoePa has been at Penn State for 40+ years and the bashers are out for his head while the FOJPers are singing his praises. Isn't that the nature of the beast? When the team wins, the coach is great, and when it loses, he sucks. Thus far CG's great/sucks ratio is 9/9. The highs (Auburn, NCSU, and to a lesser extent - UVA) have been great, but his lows (UGA, FSU-W, and Clemson) have been lower than whale droppings at the bottom of the sea. His grade to date, IMO is a "C" at best. I thought that we were at least expecting a "B", if not higher. So how long must we wait and evaluate until an opinion that is fair, but for better or worse, honest, can be stated? Please let me know so that I can, at that time state my opinion about him and not be called a "basher" or a "focer", or any other name, even if I have the temerity to disagree with your assessment of him.

I will tell you:

1. When the fans stop griping and get behind the program (regardless of the coach)

when will "enough time" be? Okay, if you insist (and I speak to you as well as thousands more) "enough time" will be (as any knowledgeable college football fan knows): 1. when fans get 100% be hind the program. Till then there will be chaos, division, and sporatic performance on the part of the team.
Some of you ought to come before the GTAA building in sack cloth and ashes, because you have been a "bandwagon fan". You are petty, pampered (by your favorite memories), and you are pathetic!!!!!!!-----SICK!!!!!! I would take 1 real supporter for 20 of you mambie, pambies, any day of the week. You are pathetic and should forget Tech. Just pick the NO. 1 team each year and pull for them. Leave us alone to compete against other programs: competing against teams as well as childish fans is too much........Buggoff!!!!!! Ummmmmm, seems, there is a board just for such as you.

Originally posted by JacketIM:
Originally posted by BarrelORum:
[QB]You forgot about the major addendum to Section 9 paragraph 5 sub-part H which says:

"... in the event of an arguement to prove Gailey sucks, you are bombarded with factual evidence that would either claim a.) That Gailey has not had enough time .....

So tell me now, when will "enough time" be? When will the sample size be large enough for us to know? Earlier you said that we would be pleased by the end of this season. Will 25 (or 26 if we win 6+ games) be a large enough sample? JoePa has been at Penn State for 40+ years and the bashers are out for his head while the FOJPers are singing his praises. Isn't that the nature of the beast? When the team wins, the coach is great, and when it loses, he sucks. Thus far CG's great/sucks ratio is 9/9. The highs (Auburn, NCSU, and to a lesser extent - UVA) have been great, but his lows (UGA, FSU-W, and Clemson) have been lower than whale droppings at the bottom of the sea. His grade to date, IMO is a "C" at best. I thought that we were at least expecting a "B", if not higher. So how long must we wait and evaluate until an opinion that is fair, but for better or worse, honest, can be stated? Please let me know so that I can, at that time state my opinion about him and not be called a "basher" or a "focer", or any other name, even if I have the temerity to disagree with your assessment of him.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I NEVER said "we would be pleased by the end of the season." Never. Not once did I say that. What I have maintained forever is that you give a coach 3 years and if he doesn't completely tank, you give him a 4th year. By then if you haven;t seen some type of improvement, then we go another direction. Most FOCers are people who don't necessarily support Chan, but support a 3-4 year window of evaluation.

I think 3 years IS AN ABSOLUTE MINIMUM based on the amount of players we have lost to things outside of Gailey's control. Most people on this board only see the hand in front of them. I think it's important to try and look at the long term picture. No one here can be certain as to an idea of what that long term picture will look like. If they say they do... they're full of **** and don't know what the hell they are talking about. We're all just fans.

Back