Basher's handbook update...

Re: Basher\'s handbook update...

BOR you are right on the money. 3 yrs minimum so he can get his players in place. A new coach inherits kids that will be under him for 4-5 yrs. Some of those players will not be happy if things don't go the way they think it should. Attitude problems arise, the kid may not fit in the new coaches system ...and on and on. By the end of the 3rd season we should get a pretty good idea if he/and the team is headed in the right direction. But when you add in the kids we lost to academics 10, Gathers/ Hollings etc..it's a lot to overcome early. These are all reasons why many, many 'football people'-professional and fan, expected GT to have such a terrible season...predictions of 2 to 0 wins. Thats why although I'm never pleased with losing, there are many things in the midst of rollercoaster goings on, that make me feel pretty good about the future. Who would ever have thought beating Auburn, almost beating fsu would happen? Chans recruits were blasted early on and all of a sudden some of these freshman and sophs are looking to be studs in the making..and early signees this year like Chambers makes it look like the guy just might be able to recruit after all. I know none of this will matter to some of you who just want him gone or some of you who don't care and are just flaming to incite. 1st group, do like my 3 yr old does..close your eyes and hands over your ears..2nd group flame away or better yet go back to your own board

Back