BC Going to New Balance

LambdaChiGT

Dodd-Like
I’ve written this several times. New Balance shoes suck. They’re awful. They look stupid with khaki shorts and long sleeve button up shirts. They’re not comfortable, athletic or cool.....in other words they suck. If you like them, you suck. Boston College sux. Doug Flutie sux. That is all.
Meh. They aren't the best, but they aren't the worst. 993's are pretty comfortable and I don't hate the look.

For those saying that NB are the most comfortable though, yall really need to try something new. In the past few years soles have come a long way with Adidas boost sole and Nike's react. You can find both of those soles and both athletic and casual shoes.

The Jacket

The Coat
Excited for the next blockbuster nostalgia-for-the-hell-of-it deal. Wait until the Mean Green signs with Converse and the world gets a load of Chuck's University of North Texas All-Star Series line of apparel.

Last edited:

RamblinWreck09

Greatly appreciated amongst mid 30s Turkish males
Meh. They aren't the best, but they aren't the worst. 993's are pretty comfortable and I don't hate the look.

For those saying that NB are the most comfortable though, yall really need to try something new. In the past few years soles have come a long way with Adidas boost sole and Nike's react. You can find both of those soles and both athletic and casual shoes.
Does Nike still make all their shoes with a narrow toe box?

aeromech

Dodd-Like
I can remember when if you wanted to sport that 1970's look that Adidas was the running shoe for you. Converse All*Stars were THE basketball shoe. I haven't worn Adidas in quite some time because they sucked, they were roughly the same quality as FILA for a couple of decades. I guess they must be better now. I still can't look at Adidas shoes without thinking of some middle age white guy jogging down the sidewalk with his sweatband and walkman cassette player though.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
New Balance?
That near Leominster? Or closer to Fitchburg?

Techbert

Dodd-Like
New Balance is too newfangled for me.

I am holding out for a line of Old Balance shoes.

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
1s are for show and dough!!! I wouldn’t advise being in 1s more than a couple hours or if you plan on standing on your feet for long.
Lucky me I sit during Tech games.

Thanks for the advice I think I will pick up a pair. Sometimes you just gotta make a statement

RamblinWreck27

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m a cheapskate when it comes to spending money on shoes for myself and typically get ~5 years out of a pair, but my wife bought me a pair of On Cloud’s for my birthday and I have to say I’ve been impressed so far...
1618522194367.jpeg

RamblinWreck09

Greatly appreciated amongst mid 30s Turkish males
I’m a cheapskate when it comes to spending money on shoes for myself and typically get ~5 years out of a pair, but my wife bought me a pair of On Cloud’s for my birthday and I have to say I’ve been impressed so far...
1618522194367.jpeg
I went through 2 pairs of On Cloudflows, got 400-500 miles out of each. They were great expect that they'd pick up rocks and rub too much on my heels.

The running shop put me in some Topos and I like them a lot.