BCS Metrics

Not counting Notre Dame because they don't really have a conference, there are only 9 OOC wins over currently ranked teams total.

The SEC is a bunch of pussies in their scheduling, I'm sick of the media slobbering on their knob, Sankey can eat a dick for his comments, and THWG.

But if you're going to argue that their teams suck at football, pick a way that makes sense.
Isn't just who the SEC plays, it's where. Florida played it's first road OOC game outside the state of Florida in THIRTY TWO ööööING YEARS this year. I'm not sure Bama has left the bounds of the old confederacy in the regular season since 2011. They'll play lots of OOC opponents.....as long as it's either a true or glorified home game.

It's not about being devoid of emotion, it's about not letting it control your actions and decision making when you do have those emotions. Testosterone vs estrogen was an analogy. You are right though, giving into your emotions whether it is a testosterone fueled rage or an estrogen driven meltdown are two sides of the same coin and both genders are capable of both, even at the same time. The worst decisions you will make in your life are the ones where you allow your emotions to drive them. If you disagree with that, fair enough, but good luck with that.

I realize you are hyper focused on the emotion thing, but did you not even bother to read the content? I think we actually agree on that, you know, if you can just take the emotion out of it. If you can do that, I would be interested to hear where you disagree if indeed you do.
I’m actually hyper focused on your ability to call out people’s manhood repeatedly for being angry about injustice. And also comparing objective results/attributes of teams and on field results to determine a victor outside of emotion as similar to watching reality TV and 90210. Recruiting? Deion BS? Transfer drama? Sure that’s similar. Analysis of the teams and anger at a school being robbed of its opportunity to compete? Not the same beast. Worthy of emotion which is a powerful tool to drive action and when harnessed properly achieve results. You started with the name calling and/or behavior judgement of most members of this board. Don’t dish if your shallow analysis of the behavior is called out and your only assumption is when others start name-calling you back they are now beholden to their emotions. It just makes it seem like you’re compensating. God wouldn’t give us emotions if there weren’t opportunities to appropriately wield them.

it’s pretty much a staple behavior of mine: someone calls out the board, I defend the board.

OK:

The SEC had the 2nd worst inter conference P5 record of the bunch (Big Ten was worse). The ACC had the second best after the Pac XII. The ACC’s undefeated conference champion was left out.

Every SEC West team outside of MS lost an OOC game.

The SEC’s best win is likely Miss State over Arizona which occurred when AZ was using a different QB than the one that went 7-2 with 3OT loss to SouthernCal and close loss to Washington. That OOC win combined with Arizona’s PAC success and Miss State’s SEC terribleness props up the entire conference. By contrast VPI and GT’s terrible OOC record and good conference record drags down the ACC hard. We don’t have a team that did really well OOC in P5 land but bad in conference. The closest Is Clemson but ND plays mostly ACC teams. The computers are all bamboozled. ESPN’s FPI and strength of record is largely a computer rating. The U of A shenanigans are pretty hidden and ND is actually penalizing us as an OOC rival because it doesn’t expand the ACC’s common opponent comparison too much. Maybe if ND had beaten Ohio State and Duke had beaten ND it would’ve been much different in that regard.

I think there's just not enough inter-conference play to look at things like you say without cherry picking. I think your analysis is reasonable yet incomplete. Computer rankings which are only looking at results of games (not historical performance, recruiting, etc.) tend to rate the SEC the best despite the relatively poor inter-conference record and lack of marquee wins. Even Sagarin has SEC-W #1 and SEC-E #5 (ahead of the entire ACC by itself) despite placing Bama at 6. I don't think computer rankings are great in isolation, but a composite of the ones whose methods rely only on game results is a pretty good way to separate conferences.

I think there's just not enough inter-conference play to look at things like you say without cherry picking. I think your analysis is reasonable yet incomplete. Computer rankings which are only looking at results of games (not historical performance, recruiting, etc.) tend to rate the SEC the best despite the relatively poor inter-conference record and lack of marquee wins. Even Sagarin has SEC-W #1 and SEC-E #5 (ahead of the entire ACC by itself) despite placing Bama at 6. I don't think computer rankings are great in isolation, but a composite of the ones whose methods rely only on game results is a pretty good way to separate conferences.
Right. Which is why the Miss State game is so important. A trash team in the SEC WEST beat one of the best teams in the Pac XII but upon further investigation…did they? Because that AZ team is much different than the one that currently exists. The SEC west has 2 good losses, and 1 win that is deceiving.

Back