BDS Crowd Noise

It must be dependent on where you are sitting. We sat lower west for unc and it was loud but not deafening. I don’t recall it ever being painfully loud.
Granted I'm old and my eardrums have been worn to leather by decades of standing too close to the speakers for 8 hour raves, but painfully loud is difficult to achieve, esp in an open-air stadium. Hope we can get back to where that's a risk to attending a game.

Only too-loud experience I've had at a sporting event was a Duke-UNC basketball game at the Dean Dome. About 8 rows from the top, so maybe we were getting architectural amplification or something, but that was absolutely painful. It was the game where Austin Rivers hit a last second 3 for Duke, and at that moment it was like a flipped switch. I distinctly remember the feeling of my eardrums resetting to silence. Almost dizzying.

A definite bucket-list item is bringing my boys to a GT FB or BB game where they'll always remember their ear bone vibrations pinned at maximum and their loudest screams instantly swallowed by the air in front of their faces while the Jackets win on the last play. Aaaand great, I just came.

It must be dependent on where you are sitting. We sat lower west for unc and it was loud but not deafening. I don’t recall it ever being painfully loud.
1st row of the upper north just above the last "N" in Calvin Johnson and the play clock. It is difficult to talk to the guy next to me, who is only a season ticket holder friend.

Only too-loud experience I've had at a sporting event was a Duke-UNC basketball game at the Dean Dome. About 8 rows from the top, so maybe we were getting architectural amplification or something, but that was absolutely painful.
Helps if you can yell even if not loudly as long as your mouth is open enough for the air pressure to somewhat equalize on both sides of your eardrum. Definitely do this if you are about to get in a car accident before the air bag(s) deploy.

Helps if you can yell even if not loudly as long as your mouth is open enough for the air pressure to somewhat equalize on both sides of your eardrum. Definitely do this if you are about to get in a car accident before the air bag(s) deploy.
Thanks I'll try that today. Do other factors affect the pressures? Like acceleration vs braking or if the 'accident' happens in a school zone?

The Student Section has definitely filled out for both Homecoming and the Cuse game, even in the South endzone a little bit. My seats are in the left side of lower west in the player's parents' section so you can definitely hear the volume from the lower north stands from the students/band for sure. I hope most of our students come back for the GT/UGAY game but I know many out of state kids may not because of the Thanksgiving break. We need EVERY GT fan there. I know UGA is probably going to have almost 20K fans there, unfortunately. For those GT fans/seasons ticket holders selling to UGAY fans, shame on you.

The Student Section has definitely filled out for both Homecoming and the Cuse game, even in the South endzone a little bit. My seats are in the left side of lower west in the player's parents' section so you can definitely hear the volume from the lower north stands from the students/band for sure. I hope most of our students come back for the GT/UGAY game but I know many out of state kids may not because of the Thanksgiving break. We need EVERY GT fan there. I know UGA is probably going to have almost 20K fans there, unfortunately. For those GT fans/seasons ticket holders selling to UGAY fans, shame on you.
during Cuse game the season tix holders directly behind us admitted they sold their COFH tix to UGA fans. they also sold UNC tix to UNC fans.

during Cuse game the season tix holders directly behind us admitted they sold their COFH tix to UGA fans. they also sold UNC tix to UNC fans.
öööö them. Assholes. Cheap ööööing bastards. Acting like some broke ass bitches needing cash. Embarrassing. I would never, ever, ever sell mine to opposing fans.

öööö them. Assholes. Cheap ööööing bastards. Acting like some broke ass bitches needing cash. Embarrassing. I would never, ever, ever sell mine to opposing fans.
agreed. 100%. and they made a point to say "money talks.". smh.

ive had season tix since 1998. never sold any to the opposition.

Survived with all 5 kids there, and they had a great time! My daughter loved the flaming baton twirler and the fireworks. We made it most of the way through the 3rd quarter before we had to leave. I’d call that a success!

Very proud of the students for showing up and being loud. It took them a while to fill in (towards middle of the 1st quarter), but they were definitely engaged.

Upper East at Boiling Greens game - "music" was painfully loud! I always carry earplugs with me, and I really needed them @ that game. Plus the "music" was really just crappy noise, which made it worse!

Upper East at Boiling Greens game - "music" was painfully loud! I always carry earplugs with me, and I really needed them @ that game. Plus the "music" was really just crappy noise, which made it worse!

Simpsons Grandpa Simpson GIF - Simpsons Grandpa Simpson Fist Shake GIFs

Apparently, you don't know how to properly Superman dat hoe

Back