BDS Pictures Update from Aug 14th at Night. Link

GTTerrific

Dodd-Like
A lot going on at BDS. Even though I took these pictures I really wasn't there.
wink.gif
Shhhhhhhh. Don't tell anyone. That place was locked up pretty dang tight.

Part of the rock surface around the playing field has a 1" rubber black pad on it. They'll be putting some kind of artifical surface on top of it that looks like grass. (Info from Coach Eddie Wilson at Lunch B.)

The glass is being put in the suits on the east side. Will help the looks come Aug. 31.

That place is just really cool at night. They had on the 4 corner new lights on.

Link--->New BDS Pictures taken night of Aug 14.

Four on front are new. There are a few more new ones in link, "Photo Albums," on the right.

Great pictures, mate! Thank you!

Man, those goal posts are inviting. I wish I were there, so someone could smack my head and let me kick a few!
grin.gif

Great Job!
Drugs from surgery have taken my car keys away.
frown.gif
frown.gif

Thanks some much for the pictures!
thefinger.gif
bigthumbup.gif

Atlj, wish you well after surgery. We have to get you ready for the season!!

GTTerrific... even tho you "werent there".. smile.. thanks for the pics... I have been wanting to get down there to see the place the past few days... but just havent had the time... thanks for the great pics....

From the lines on the field it looks like the position of the goal post is correct. Did the field really shift North any?

Originally posted by ramblinwise1:
Did the field really shift North any?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">About 10 yards North, IIRC.

Also noticed the Hall of Fame signs down from the upper East stands. Looks much cleaner without them. Does anyone know where/if HOF'ers will be honored elsewhere?
BOO

Are they going to put a ribbon score board on the upper East ring where the Hall of Fame names were? With no disrespect for the GT HOFers, I liked the upper East ring the way it was before. It had "GEORGIA TECH YELLOW JACKETS" spelled out in big, gold capital letters with buzz on both ends. Anybody remember that?
drinking.gif

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
I like it clean, the way it is now.
BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yea, BDGhost, me too. I'm just saying I liked it better before they put up the Hall of Fame signs. I always thought that blue and yellow striped pattern for the HOF signs was in honor of B*** L****'s tie which had the same look.

Back