BDS trivia question

golftango18yankeejuliet

Damn Good Rat
Before the South stands were torn down to build the Wardlaw Bldg, if you walked down the tunnel under the East stands, what would you run into as the tunnel curved under the South stands?

There are two answers depending on what year you took your stroll.

The secret laboratory...

where we manufactured the mystery liquid that was then dripped onto visiting fans sitting in the lower east?

I was in school before the south stands were torn down and I probably walked down the tunnel you mention, but I have no recollection of what was down there. I seem to remember you could see an old set of grandstands cut into the ground beneath the current (now former) lower east.

Sorry it took so long to get back. I had to go to athens to pick up my daughter from cheerleader camp. I had no problem finding athens, I used the old "Go west until you smell it and then north until you step in it" directions. It was kind of funny that there were several dead and ripe skunks on the road near athens and my daughter commented about the smell. That's gotta be a metaphor for something. She said that she did get to boo the costume uga twice, so it wasn't a complete loss.

Anyway, the rifle range that was under the South Stands was renovated into a golf practice facility.

Back