Bebe getting some attention

alpha

Dodd-Like
Good Macon.com article about Demaryius today:
http://www.macon.com/169/story/809522.html

Snippet:
At least, that’s what the people at NFL draft prediction site nfldraftscout.com seem to believe. They have the junior rated as the ninth-best receiver out of a potential 311 who could be drafted in the next two years. After this season, that ranking could rise.

The main reason Thomas believes he’ll be better than he was a year ago is because of the work he and his quarterbacks accomplished this summer.

“I feel like this year we had much more time to work on the quarterback-receiver (connections) than we did a year ago,” Thomas said. “Mainly, we basically were just getting ready for the option (in 2008). But now, we’ve been working on the passing and I think we’re all on the same page. Hopefully it’ll be a better year (passing).”
I'm not reading too much into the NFL Draft statement but I like the fact that Bebe is getting some attention because I'm sure he's been under pressure when CPJ came in.

I do think that he needs to work on his hands a bit more because some of the drops he had last year (especially when Josh was throwing) were perfectly thrown. Although, gotta give him credit because I also remember some of his catches were less than perfectly thrown but he adjusted and made the catch anyway.

I think is really good for recruiting. It may not pan out that way, but when you have a receiver recruit see that our guys are getting this type attention, it's a big positive. We get some guys into the NFL who play in this system, and the other schools will never be able to say "You'll never go to the next level in that offense"

Back