Beeware's wrong again

Re: Beeware\'s wrong again

Originally posted by texstinger:
Not only is bwuss probably for irak,...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">tex,
Obviously as a patriotic American, I am not for Iraq; but I do admit to being able to spell Iraq.

I hope you don't hold that against me, too.
tongue.gif

Originally posted by 71Bee:
Like BigBuck, I believe communications coming from GTAA were at best confusing last season. Unlike some others I withheld judgment on responsibility until after the UGA game, then I blamed Gailey. More so because he is the captain of the ship, where the buck stops ( no pun intended).

Others, like Ahsoisee, tried to look inside the program and sort out the root of the problem; thinking BOB might not have jelled with Chan, perhaps he wasn't nearly as good without the Fridge around. I too remember sitting in the stands and watching the Peach Bowl debut for things to come.

Well, GTAA has sorted it out to GTAA's satisfaction, Gailey is still head coach and BOB is gone. Further, Bilbo is back at the top of the heap for the quarterback position.

Frankly, I don't care if it was BOB's fault or Gailey's fault that Bilbo didn't play more, and I don't care to debate whether GO'L was better or worse than Gailey, much less how Gailey stacks up to the Fridge. Unless, my memory is faulty, none that left were fired, not GO'L, not Fridge, not even BOB.

Beeware, this is the coaching staff that has signed on to represent Tech for 2003 so they deserve our support until AND IF the prove they don't merit that support.

Your continued harping on the mistakes of the current staff and your overlooking of the faults of their predecessors is more than a little old. Perhaps this faulty use of analytical methods also results in your decidedly liberal bent.

Most of you that have followed my posts in the past know I have refrained from criticizing fellow Tech fans. With this one exception, I'll continue that policy.

Having said that, for all his faults, I do believe Beeware is a Tech man and fan. IMO, some of you pile on with a little too much enthusiasm on every Beeware comment.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well said 71B! I'm not for criticizing others either. I will debate you but never directly criticize a poster. Have always felt EVERYONE HERE IS A TECH FAN - Beeware included. I truly believe there were mistakes made by everyone last season but the ultimate goal is to turn those mistakes around as quickly as possible. That's what I truly hope we see this season.

Originally posted by Big Buck:
I really am not sure that I know who I believe was responsible for the QB snafu last season. I remember last spring Chan stated that AJ was number 1 and that Bilbo was number 1A. When fall practice started he seemed to have the same sentiments and it seemed to happen suddenly Bilbo
wasn't capable of understanding the offense and AJ did. I can tell you guys something I know for sure because I heard Chan tell the Macon Touchdown Club that "we have one QB {AJ} who understands the offense but doesn't seem capable of executing it and we havea young QB{BILBO} that
understands 20% of the offense but has good talent
but we have to scale back his package because of his problems in graspingthe offense. We are going to add to his package and rep it up on the practice field before taking it to the game" I may not be quoting him verbatim but this is an accurate representation of the gist of his remarks. Now immediately when I heard Chan say that Bilbo Understood 20 % of the offense I remembered what he had said earlier about the two QB's being number 1 and 1A and wondered if the kid had regressed. So enough contradicting comments has come from the staff itself to confuse
most of us. Of course if there was problems on the staff Chan couldn't have told us that at that time.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BB: Another good post - there definitely were a LOT OF CONTRADICTIONS from staff which did not help us the fans in our excitement to learn more about what to expect from our team!

Originally posted by beeware:

Obviously as a patriotic American, I am not for Iraq; but I do admit to being able to spell Iraq.

tongue.gif
[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">______________________________________________

Pretty Hilarious Bee !!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Big Buck, this is definitely feeling like deja vu, didn't we do this before? But anyway, I think your post makes sense assuming it was early in the year. Most teams add a lot to their play book as the season goes on. It's entirely plausible to me that as the year went on DB got further behind as more was added. In fact, I think the new offense which is simpler according to all who have commented on it is better suited to him. Not that he's dumb or anything, but that it's easier for a young QB to learn a simpler package and learn to execute it.

Now if it was 8 games into the year I don't have a clue what was going on.

Originally posted by beeware:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by texstinger:
Not only is bwuss probably for irak,...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">tex,

tongue.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">What _I_ hold against you is your incapability to address the important questions.

Pretty Pathetic Bee !!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

BTW, the "again" in the title to this thread is redundant.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
Not that he's dumb or anything, but that it's easier for a young QB to learn a simpler package and learn to execute it.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Which begs the question, if Joe could almost win a Heisman directing "that" offense and George picked it up pretty well, was it the offense, the QB's or BOB's lack of a grasp of it? My feeling is that only Fridge could implement it. Mainly because it was his baby.

Originally posted by gnats 67:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ncjacket:
Not that he's dumb or anything, but that it's easier for a young QB to learn a simpler package and learn to execute it.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Which begs the question, if Joe could almost win a Heisman directing "that" offense and George picked it up pretty well, was it the offense, the QB's or BOB's lack of a grasp of it? My feeling is that only Fridge could implement it. Mainly because it was his baby.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">O'Leary never could pick it up, that was obvious to everyone watching the Peach...oh, you mean goose.
wink.gif

While we're asking question no one can answer...I wonder what kind of offense Ralph would have run last year? Might he have changed up to adjust to the QBs we had? Maybe it's not that BOB couldn't run the offense but that he doesn't have the experience yet to match the players available to the package. Let's not forget how young he is in coaching years.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
While we're asking question no one can answer...I wonder what kind of offense Ralph would have run last year? Might he have changed up to adjust to the QBs we had? Maybe it's not that BOB couldn't run the offense but that he doesn't have the experience yet to match the players available to the package. Let's not forget how young he is in coaching years.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">ncjacket,

Makes sense to me. BOB was what, 32 or 33 while Ralph was 55? That 20 or so years has to make a ton of difference. The potential may one day prove out. IMO, BOB got to OC way to fast. I'm sure he is the better for it, though we weren't...

Bwuss, it is obvious you have no sense for irony or a certain style of sarcasm. I did notice however that you did not address your french bloodlines.

Back