Belk Bowl asking r/CFB's opinion for ACC/SEC matchup

2011 Alabama could hang with the giants this year

That was a quality team. They had 23 kids who would go on to be drafted into the NFL, and a lot of them are still around and even better than they were back then now that they've entered their peak athletic years. Some of them even landed starting jobs!

The problem is the Giants have around 50 adults who were drafted, 22 of whom are NFL starters, all of whom are now in their athletic primes, and all of whom who have spent the past X number of years doing nothing but training and practicing with no silly class to get in the way.

Okay, that last one was a cheap shot. I doubt class really gets in the way at Alabama.

(And yes, the Giants' 22 NFL starters are starting on a terrible team, but it's not like any of those Bama players who aren't in the league anymore said, "Well, I could start on the Giants, but I'd rather go into car sales than play for a crappy team".)

Regardless though, the Browns joke was pretty funny.

That was a quality team. They had 23 kids who would go on to be drafted into the NFL, and a lot of them are still around and even better than they were back then now that they've entered their peak athletic years. Some of them even landed starting jobs!

The problem is the Giants have around 50 adults who were drafted, 22 of whom are NFL starters, all of whom are now in their athletic primes, and all of whom who have spent the past X number of years doing nothing but training and practicing with no silly class to get in the way.

Okay, that last one was a cheap shot. I doubt class really gets in the way at Alabama.

(And yes, the Giants' 22 NFL starters are starting on a terrible team, but it's not like any of those Bama players who aren't in the league anymore said, "Well, I could start on the Giants, but I'd rather go into car sales than play for a crappy team".)

Regardless though, the Browns joke was pretty funny.

Let it be known I was not serious about that. I doubt they would score a point against the Giants.

Looking at that 2011 team and the scores for each game, they were pretty incredible.

Back