Best brand in college football?

Do folks just not realize Notre Dame is in Indiana?

I realize there's nothing to do in Alabama except drive your Silverado around the trailer park and make babies with your sister but still, any team that can draw 92,000 fans for a freakin Spring Game has to be at the top of the list.

Alabama+Spring+Game+-bGsYBf1mmnl.jpg

Last edited:
Well, recruits do. That's one of the reasons they haven't been good in quite a while, probably.

They were in the Title game 2 years ago.

If they aren't good, we must suck something awful

They were in the Title game 2 years ago.

If they aren't good, we must suck something awful

Well, I feel like our team last year would have performed at least as well as they did in that title game, if not better :).

Still, obviously that is a good point...I should amend my statement to say "consistently very good" in a while, in the vein of an Alabama, Oregon, U[sic]GA, etc.

They have a winning percentage of 0.63 over the past decade. We have a winning percentage of 0.61. It doesn't get much prettier for them if you go back another ten years, either.

While I think Notre Dame still has the best brand in college football, I also think it's pretty clear that they are no longer one of the top programs when all you're looking at is on-field success.

I realize there's nothing to do in Alabama except drive your Silverado around the trailer park and make babies with your sister but still, any team that can draw 92,000 fans for a freakin Spring Game has to be at the top of the list.

Just think about that for a second. Free admission in the state of Alabama. There were probably 10,000 outside the stadium trying to get in

Just think about that for a second. Free admission in the state of Alabama. There were probably 10,000 outside the stadium trying to get in

Alabama has a built-in local advantage in the entertainment market. There's only Auburn and Alabama in that state. No NFL team, no baseball or basketball or hockey. Doesn't mean they have the best brand though.

I hate making an argument in favor of Notre Dame...

Back