Best CFB States

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
according to Fox CFB

This is a repost isn’t it.

Huh? They only include P5 teams? Why not Central Michigan, etc?

I've lived in 3 regions and feel competent enough to comment on relative fandoms of the locals:

Midwest: NFL>>>CFB
Southeast: CFB>NFL
Texas: Cowboys (if doing well) >>>>> CFB > Cowboys (if not doing well, so most of years) > Rest of the NFL

I'd argue against Michigan as the "best" CFB state.

Georgia is missing Southern and Georgia State.

Go Pantha

It's based on win percentage. Not sure about the time frame (guessing since the beginning of each program).

It's based on win percentage. Not sure about the time frame (guessing since the beginning of each program).

Makes sense to me. Michigan is the all time win % leader. MSU has always been pretty good too but they get overshadowed by Michigan.

Why not use something like google search terms for the "best CFB states," like searches for preseason rankings, etc. in each state on a per capita basis? I'd bet you'd find the state of Georgia is crazy for college football just based on Atlanta, alone. I saw somewhere where metro Atlanta is basically 40% uga, then a healthy mix of Tech, CU, AU, Bama, FSU, UF, etc. Those are some pretty rabid fan bases. There are soooo many college football fans in Atlanta.

Wonder where Clemson/USCe would have come in? Can't find anything about timeframe this covers.

The College Football Hall of Fame is in Atlanta. Need I say more? Idiots.

The College Football Hall of Fame is in Atlanta. Need I say more? Idiots.

This is the first thing I thought of. The southeastern United States is anchored in the state of Georgia and Atlanta. There's a reason the CFBHOF is here and not in South Bend anymore.

And actually, back in the day, I was the Biggest star in the industry, but wouldn't fit on the screen. So they had to go with John Holmes.

Back