Best, Most important drive of the year... so far?

pocket_watch

Dodd-Like
Its a no brainer to me. The 4th quarter touchdown drive after clemmons go ahead field goal was beautiful. At a time we absolutely needed to take the momentum, the O hung in there and made it happen.
TC's 3rd down conversion inside the cu 5 won that game for us imo.

I have a very good feeling that 83 yard drive will prove out to be a great confidence builder for this offense. I have high hopes and expectations for this unit the rest of the way.
Not saying we will be putting up 35 a game, (certainly not against our remaining schedule) but we will be able to move chains, play field position, and get enough points to win games. That's all that counts!

What others come to mind?

Definately the drive against NC State w/ less than 2 minutes remaining. It was very pretty up until it ended and very important in that it fell 2 yards short of having us 6-1 and ranked in the top 15.

"What really turned it all around for the Yellow Jackets was when Chan Gailey finally turned the offense over to P.J. Daniels in the second half. Daniels is the Jackets’ surest offensive weapon, but for some reason or another, he had touched the ball only six times in the first half, and for only 25 yards." ____Furman Bisher

I agree 100%.

2333971_80X60.jpg
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drinking.gif

Re: Best, Most important drive of the year... so f

Best drive = Opening drive at Auburn

Most important drive = Go ahead TD against Clemson

Remember in 2003 at Wake that we were up 17-7 late in the game? We needed to run some clock and we called 17 straight running plays to the endzone to go up 24-7. Anyone remember that drive? I say we pound 'em again Saturday.

The last drive vs. NC State was the closest I've seen to Joe H. in a long time. We must have gone 80 yards with less than two minutes and no time-outs. If not for the freak bounce, that would have been a great memory in GT history.

[ QUOTE ]
Remember in 2003 at Wake that we were up 17-7 late in the game? We needed to run some clock and we called 17 straight running plays to the endzone to go up 24-7. Anyone remember that drive? I say we pound 'em again Saturday.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember that very well. It was so satisfying to watch that kind of domineering performance fairly late in the game.

Back