Better to be lucky than good? Coleman Rutdolph article.....

Buzzilla

I'm all out of bubblegum
http://www.680thefan.com/insidethefan.asp?storyID=116

Coleman tells it like it is. Maybe we can put an end to the luckiest streak of the year.
drinking.gif

While most of what he wrote was true (I didn't see the pushoff he was talking about), you still have to give them credit for going 10-1. That's not easy to do in any conference. Let's not underestimate what it took to beat Auburn, also. Auburn is a good, hard-nosed football team and Georgia beat them in their own stadium. In addition, they did whip Alabama at the line of scrimmage. If that happens, it's hard for any team to beat you, with or without their best QB.

It will take a very good game for us to win. I think we'll give them all they can handle. But it'll be very tough.

I agree with everything COLEMAN wrote. The sec is the most overrated sports entity on the planet. The sec runs their mouths about how great they are and then goes out and gets its brains beat-in non-con wise from coast-to-coast. Their biggest win is KY over LOUIS.

The mutts took advantage of the sec weakness. Give them credit for that.

They've discussed this article on Buck's radio show on 680. Coleman was on taking the heat from Buck and other doggy fans that wrote Coleman emails regarding it. Coleman handled it all well. Tickled the heck out of me. Way to go Coleman.

GO JACKETS!

Originally posted by ALlives:
Their biggest win is KY over LOUIS.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Would that be the same Louisville that the ACC champ could not beat? Before we announce the end of the SEC, let's not forget about the ACC, which was woeful this year. Tech had a real opportunity to take advantage of a down ACC this year and didn't. Give the Dawgs credit, they won the games they had to win.

Wreck,

I give the dogs all the credit in the world for the season they have had.

L'ville beat FSU, who will probably win the ACC. That's great L'ville. Great win for them.

FSU lost to Miami in a close one, wide........!

Now if L'ville lined up and played Miami what do you think the score would be?

KY beat South Carolina 16-12. UGA beat USC and KY. FL beat UGA, USC, and KY.

I'm rambling.
wink.gif

If FSU lines up and beats FL, while GT lines up and beats UGA, what will you say then? I can certainly see this happening. Time will tell.

Again, I give the dogs all the credit in the world. Think those guys have played one heck of a season. When it's come down to winning the game they've done just that with the exception of FL.

GO JACKETS!

Wrecked,

Good post!

I totally agree with you. Matter of fact that's what bothers me more than anything. The ACC WAS TOTALLY DOWN this seaon and TECH still couldn't take advantage of it.

But I remind you. It ain't the ACC runnin' around tellin' the world how they invented football and are the only conference that plays it.

If ACC Basketball stunk it up the way the sec has in non-con football this season(not to mention the last few seasons)the talkshow blowhards in this city would be rippin' the ACC a new one. They do it anyway. BUt they still don't have the balls to rip sec football no matter HOW BAD the sec stinks it up. Nobody...and I repeat NOBODY...has stunk it up outside their conference more than the sec has done this year(or the last 3 years for that matter). They've been getting ripped from coast to coast. They absolutely SUCK! But you won't hear anybody point it out in the print media or on the radio.

Bottom line!--Nobody talks more talk and walks less walk than sec football!

Go check out the Dawgvent and see how they're seething over this article!!! Not single font over there speaks to his points but rather makes (typical) personal attacks
shocked.gif
Shocking I know!

Come on guys,luck is when a pigeon flys into the game winning field-goal or a ref has a heart attack in the middle of a game winning drive giving the defense the chance to recoup.This is real luck Not much else is luck.You play with who you have and they do also.
YOU MAKE YOUR LUCK! imho

Back