Big donuts and weight lifting and a little ry

Dirty Jacket

Never Weaken
Frankly, I was a bit uncomfortable when I saw our guys curling barbells on the sidelines.

First of all, who the hell (outside of Venice Beach) curls barbells anymore? Curls are a worthless exercise so can only assume this was set up as some sort of "we are tough dudes - we lift all the time". That's fine but curls are the absolute worst lift to make that statement. 75Kg kettlebell snatches, on the other hand, would let everyone know that you are not effing around.

But all that aside, I like the swagger we have now. We got our ass kicked last night but that happens when you step into the ring against the world champion. Everyone we play from here on out will be considerably easier to defeat.
Barbell curls are worthless? That’s a pretty dumb blanket statement. Depends on the goal obviously. Therefore blanket statement does not apply. Conclusion: bad advice.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
I viewed the weight lifting as an overall attitude shift. It’s clear that this staff has a goal of changing mindset to “we get to lift” from “we have to lift.” They are making that something fun and something that hypes the guys up. So the psychology of it makes sense if you are carrying the attitude from summer and daily workouts out to game day with some light lifting that puts the guys in the mindset of being focused, hyper, and ready and having fun.

Walton

Damn Good Rat
1) NFL teams use the donuts so it is a football thing that you are ignorant of; not a gimmick

2) The free weights were used 2 hours or so before the game just to warm up the muscles and nothing else. They used light weights; they were not really pumping. Some players were using resistance bands. Watching other teams , I saw many that were using resistance bands during early warmups.