Bilbo - from my "nm" message below

techfowl

Jolly Good Fellow
I wrote quite a bit and then erased it all after I read that recent Bilbo article.

I was originally irate at Bilbo, and then Hollis. My message was so nasty that I decided to edit/delete the whole thing about five minutes after I posted it.

After reading the article again, and combining that with what I know about any reporter, much less Hollis, I am convinced that Bilbo was baited.

We need to give this kid the benefit of the doubt.

It would be a real shame to have him feel like we turned on him because of some reporter sensationalizing a few comments taken out of context.

He's one of our guys. We should be behind him unless he does something overt, which this is not. He reluctantly responded to a question, and possibly, his answer is taken out of context all together.

I have questioned him myself and I feel bad about it. Who in the hell is motivated by being second guessed? Especially at that age.

I don't just want Bilbo to be here, I want Bilbo to WANT TO be here. The only way I know for that to happen is for me to be a fan, not a critic.

Fowl: Great post. Let the kid follow his mind and heart. I do not know of a single Tech fan that would disagree with any decision he makes.
Whatever he chooses, I am grateful to him for all his contributions to Tech.
Personallyl, I think he can (not very far off) be distarous to the opponants of Tech/ No matter his position: he has all the qualifications of a star!!!!
Whatever he decides, one fact is known and has been proven: He is a winner. Thus leave or stay, wherever he goes: He will be a winner still.
I have loved him from the start and love him even more now. I am for him, period. (BB is you are listening: all of us are confindent in your abilities and sure success: You probably do not remember a back fromn the 60's for the Washington Redskins, who started at one backfield position and ended up as one of he most feared receivers in all of pro football. If this would fulfill your dreams, I am confident that it would happen at Tech. If, not, you will be a success wherever you go........Period.....Just keep being the person you have been.....You will not be dissapointed in yourself and no one will be disapointed in you. God's best always!!!!!!!!

Techsamillion,

Forgive me for straying from the subject, but who was the WR?

When I think great Redskins reciever, I think Art Monk, but I think that's quite a few years late.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Charley Taylor. He was an outstanding running back coming out of college (Arizona State IIRC) and was moved to WR with the 'skins. And he was awesome.

Posted by Techfowl:

I was originally irate at Bilbo, and then Hollis. My message was so nasty that I decided to edit/delete the whole thing about five minutes after I posted it.

After reading the article again, and combining that with what I know about any reporter, much less Hollis, I am convinced that Bilbo was baited.

DeBO has the chance to make me look stupid, but I am definitely giving Bilbo the benefit of the doubt.
3 reasons. 1) Hollis is the enemy in general.
2) In the "article", DeBo's so
called quoted responses were not
preceded by direct questions from
Hollis. Looks like "National
Enquirer" reporting to me.
3) DeBo has been a good sideline
contributor.

All the article said to me, after getting thru Hollis' BS was that Damarius wants some PT. What's wrong with that?

I hope Tech sues the paper and the *******.

Yes, I don't think it is fair to jump on an athlete unless it is something that has been proven and is a big black mark against the institution and team (he bets on a game and throws the game to make money)I.

I think Suggs is criticized too harshly. It seems within the confines of decency to point out some of the deficiencies (he seems to be slow at reacting to the rush) that allows you to prove your point why you think another player should be in the game.

Personally, I do not like to see posts criticizing a Tech athlete harshly just because he may not be the number one player at his position. He may be giving it all he has at his position. If he is in the game, it is the coach's fault. All coaches are paid big money and are fair game.

Personally, I did not like all the criticizing of the quarterback (I never will forget old whatshisname)who signed with Tech, went into pro baseball, and then signed to play with UGA. He would have made a bigger mistake coming to Tech to play behind Hamilton. I think he made the right decision for his career.

I believe very little of the writer' comment's about an athlete, unless it is confirmed by the athletic association. Even then, it could have been taken out of context.

peepwallA.gif

Hollis is a BIGTIME UGA homer..all week long he has raved about the Buuuuldogs..

If Braine and co. has any pull he should NOT be our beat writer next year....

Back