Bill Curry

MacDaddy2

Damn Good Rat
I saw Bill Curry and his wife at Moe's on Peachtree in Buckhead on Monday. The man is still very fit and looks like ESPN is treating him well. I wanted to go up to him and ask if he would be interested in being our AD in 2004 but thought that would be a bit much. I simply said hi coach, enjoy your insight on the the deuce.

We can always dream of a Braineless society!

Question: I have heard two names mentioned as candidates if Braine is released. Bill Curry and Bobby Cremins. Which would you prefer?

Originally posted by MacDaddy2:

We can always dream of a Braineless society!

Question: I have heard two names mentioned as candidates if Braine is released. Bill Curry and Bobby Cremins. Which would you prefer?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">According to my calculations, either one would be approximately 6.7 billion times better than what we have now. And the sooner the better.

Of the two I think Curry has the stronger personality whereas Cremins has an edge in likability. I like them both. Could we have bookends?

To be an AD at Tech you MUST have "vision".

Curry's "vision" was to leave Tech for Bama.

Braine's "vision" is that he publicly compares himself to Homer Rice.

Homer's "vision" was to build the Total Person which was copied by many programs.

Coach Cremins' "vision" was that you could actually build a successful ACC basketball team at Georgia Tech

You tell me which person above has the best "vision" and also is a viable candidate to get or keep the job.

Neither is qualified to bee AD at GT, but of the 2 obviously SHW. Curry stinks. He is pompous and embraces the friendship of cowards such as darwim holt.

I'd throw Todd Stansbury in this mix! A young, up and coming Associate AD now at Oregon State. Is a GT grad and former football player - around 42 years old. His future is ahead of him and I have heard great things thus far.

He definitely knows GT's enviroment, academics, athletics and the football program. Relates to young people and is already climbing up the ladder in this area.

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
I'd throw Todd Stansbury in this mix! A young, up and coming Associate AD now at Oregon State. Is a GT grad and former football player - around 42 years old. His future is ahead of him and I have heard great things thus far.

He definitely knows GT's enviroment, academics, athletics and the football program. Relates to young people and is already climbing up the ladder in this area.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You hit the NAIL ON THE HEAD!!! I have mentioned him in plenty of posts. Excellent rapport with Academia at GT, was academic advisor under Rice when Ross was here. Perfect choice.

Gnome: I know a lot of players that went to school with Todd and played with him. Everyone says based on what he did while he was here and how he has done since, exceptional candidate for all the reasons you and I have stated here.

Bill Curry would be a bad choice for AD. He would
have a small group who would be loyalists, but many would remember his disloyalty to Tech. While
he was stinking it up with three losing seasons
during his first four years (on the job training),
he repeatedly remarked how he would be at Tech as
long as Tech wanted him. He was ready to retire
here until he got his FIRST opportunity to leave.
His biggest accomplishment as a coach was self
promotion. He could not beat Auburn even ONCE, not even with Alabama's talent.

I would also like to see Todd Stansbury
as our "new" AD.

But, the person I would really like to
see lead us is the "young left-hander,"
Kim King.

But, alas I don't see this happening 'cause
I think Kim is making way too much money
in the world of real estate, but IMHO he
would be just what the doctor ordered for
our fragile AA and getting the fans back
together.

Im not saying we should fire Dave Braine Yet..But in 3 to 4 years if he goes..What about Frank Broyles a former football player/coach here and has been one of the better known ADs in college sports...I know he would only have a few years left in him BUT he would deserve a look...

BW not to flame you but I beelieve
that Frank Broyles might be just
a tad too old for our AD.

It is my understanding that the folks
out at Arkansas have been trying to find
a respectful way to get the old coach
to retire as their AD.

I am sure there are numerous names we
can all come up with, I still like
the choices of Todd Stansbury or Kim
King. Another name that comes to me
is former Coach Bobby Ross.

Just food for thought!

Old Gold Bee...Your probably right but i was thinking if we could get 5 years out Broyles and he doesnt develop Alzeheimers...

Wow!!! Now wouldnt Bobby Ross be great..He and Chan i think would be a good combination....I dont think Ross would take it if he was offered it....

Back