Blaming Chan is not pointless!

luckyjacket

Varsity Lurker
I am absolutely horrified if 25% of this is true, and I muttered it to the athletes in question as a reply to a post.

However, the magnitude of this situation rests solely on the shoulders of the head coach and the athletic director.

Preparing a bunch of 18-22 year old boys to understand his nuances of playing football as a team, and winning takes time. I believe any true fan of any program will give the coach a few years to get this done.

However, discipline must start at day one with everything concerned with these young men.

At the start of the Chan era I was concerned with the loose style he encouraged. (In general, I have nothing to prove that long hair and ear rings lead to lack of discipline, but I am certain that it does not help, at least for Chan.)

Even if creative hair styles and identifiable body piercings were the way to go, Chan has missed the point of INSPIRING his kids to go to class.

Truth to be told, Chan is so out of his league and he knows it. Lets cut our losses and find a college football coach that can deal with today's athletes.

luckyjacket... "my 2 cents" and your post say it all... I'm glad to know I'm not in the minority about the discipline issue...
the last year and a half have sucked as far as being a TECH fan and it's not even about the d*#@
mad.gif
football game!!!

Back