Blazer has been moved to hospice care

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyptomcat

Hibernating
I met him on a spur-of-the-moment trip I arranged on Stingtalk for the GT at Duke game in 2009 to clinch the ACC Coastal. GTBlazer and GTKyle from Stingtalk along with Akinji and a few more of my friends, hence how Akinji eventually ended up on ST.

We hung out a bunch 2009 - 2013, and he is truly a great friend, but also just a great dude. He took me to my first Falcons game. I regret that we didn't hang out as much since that. He will be missed. Make sure to cherish your time with your friends, we won't be on this earth forever...

cyclejacket

Not A Fan of Biden BS
Truly sad news. I hope we can cure cancer some day soon so we don't see families and friends hurting so much over losing special individuals in their life. This thread is a testament to the impact Blazer had on many of us. His impact in the life of his family is magnified many times over that.

goldbybirth

This space for rent
Sad to hear and I hope he passes peacefully and with God in his heart. Prayers to him, his family and friends.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
I met him on a spur-of-the-moment trip I arranged on Stingtalk for the GT at Duke game in 2009 to clinch the ACC Coastal. GTBlazer and GTKyle from Stingtalk along with Akinji and a few more of my friends, hence how Akinji eventually ended up on ST.

We hung out a bunch 2009 - 2013, and he is truly a great friend, but also just a great dude. He took me to my first Falcons game. I regret that we didn't hang out as much since that. He will be missed. Make sure to cherish your time with your friends, we won't be on this earth forever...
That trip to Durham was the start of my friendship with him. We were riding in his maroon Camry and there were two of your friends in the backseat. They passed out like 5 minutes after we left the city. Blazer said to me “I hope you don’t mind I’m gonna talk your ear off so I don’t fall asleep like these guys in the back.” Then we talked all night till we got there.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
Blazer is a really great friend... met him at a Stingtalk tailgate on the 5th street bridge in... I don't know what year... probably 2013. A lot of y'all were there.

He is always so positive and uplifting and I'm lucky to have had him in my life. I'm hoping to get to see him this evening.
I was lucky to see him Saturday night. His wife said “Look Mark, Oz came to see you.” He said “Oz didn’t come to see me, he was bored and walking around the hospice. You ran into him.” After all this still not a dent to his sense of humor.

05GTCorndog

Staff member
Prayers for him and his family. If anyone wants to pool up and do something nice in his honor this summer or during the season I’m more than happy to contribute.
I'm in for this. I was thinking through ways to honor him this morning and I signed up for the bone marrow donor database. If anyone has other ideas I'd love to hear them. Blazer was a ST/tailgate friend for me and looking back I wish I had gotten to know him beyond that. He was a good dude.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Very sorry to hear. I never met the guy, but I assume he was a good dude the way you talk about him. Stingtalk isn't a place for niceties or flattery.

Status
Not open for further replies.