Blue Out

Well, he was part of the Minnesota Wrecking Crew, with Ole and Arn Anderson (one of those guys played for Nick Hyder at West Rome)
Ric Flair was not part of the Minnesota Wrecking Crew. He was connected but not part of it.

A lot of people don't realize that UM has the 3rd most all time wins in college football. They are not far behind #1, Ohio State. That kind of tells you just how good they were for most of the 20th century, since we know they have not been that good for most of this century.
This gets overblown, they racked up wins in the VERY early 1900's when football was basically a club sport and then they were 1a and 1b with OSU in the 70's and 80's when the Big Ten was true dogshit, but they've done very little in the modern era. They're basically an inferior version of Texas, big brand but there's not much under the hood when you actually look. This year was their first Big Ten championship since 2004. They've never been anything special since Wisconsin, MSU, Penn State, and Iowa joined/became legitimate programs and UM couldn't sleepwalk their way through 7 of their 8 conference games.

I’m trying to do Blue Out, but it’s giving me a damn headache. I’ll stick with Black Watch for now.

I am wearing a vintage Roosevelt Crimson Tide tee shirt and the Citrus Bowl hat I wore to the game in 1990. My Dad started his Atlanta coaching career at Roosevelt. Thank goodness for Alabama and Coach Saban - without them I would not be wearing a hat that commemorates the last national title won by a team from Georgia.

This gets overblown, they racked up wins in the VERY early 1900's when football was basically a club sport and then they were 1a and 1b with OSU in the 70's and 80's when the Big Ten was true dogshit, but they've done very little in the modern era. They're basically an inferior version of Texas, big brand but there's not much under the hood when you actually look. This year was their first Big Ten championship since 2004. They've never been anything special since Wisconsin, MSU, Penn State, and Iowa joined/became legitimate programs and UM couldn't sleepwalk their way through 7 of their 8 conference games.
Big 10 has always been dog öööö and continues to be dog öööö.

Jim Harbaugh is a solid coach. He just brought a good college football team to play a semi-pro team —-where players are paid and the rules are different. another way, Michigan brought a knife to a gun fight and never had a chance.
Michigan probably doesn’t have 2-3 players that would see any significant playing time at Bama or Georgia.
Expect more of the same next year, and the years that follow.
Cincinnati, Notre Dame and Pittsburgh would have lost too. But it would have been a closer game.

Georgia’s and Bama’s rosters are ridiculous.

Last edited:
Back