Blueberry Jackets coming.

txsting

Elite level sh*tposting
Oh you said 2008?
83CDD0F6-0191-455E-BC76-56CE6E5EAC3A.jpeg
I see what you did there, nice look. You look like you play for the Rams. :)

Actually I like that charcoal blue look, and those shiny gold shoes make it pop. I assume gold helmet as well?? Looking forward to seeing it. All you guys freaking, just stop. We're still going to wear gold and white more than anything else.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
The fact that 1) folks are touting tradition when GT hasn’t worn the same uniform in 5-10 period. There is no tradition when it comes to uniforms 2) if it is blue (i think charcoal/blueish) that is a school color and always been.
Word.

McG

Varsity Lurker
Blueberry Jackets as a recruiting tool may actually work.. nice uniforms (anything that matches works)

KrazieJacket

Dodd-Like
And what if they decide they don't want G/W/G for any game ( I understand we are playing theatre of the mind here)

But just asking - what if given your parameters?
Let them have it, are the ones playing. As long as they don’t plan to change the schools colors I’m good.

gthog61

Dodd-Like
I know they have had a nicer darker blue in the past. That is hideous.

Why not chartreuse or purple?

Bleedingyella

Varsity Lurker
I’m good with what makes the players feel good. That translates into better play on the field. Wins trumps all.

johncu

Dodd-Like
It's different, but I think that's the point. Alternative uniforms are a big thing these days, and IMO this looks pretty good for an alt that gets worn once.

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
chartreuse
That wasn't in my Crayola 64-Count box when I was a kid, pretty sure you just made that up. I bet you're gonna come up with a dumb name like "vermilion" next

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
Gold pants would look better the blue top. Or white pants. Use the blue pants with a gold top. Or white. White-Blue-gold-blue or Gold-blue-white-gold would look fire imo.

But, like WYSB said, I don’t care as long as they win in whatever they pick to wear. Wins make the uniforms memorable, not the color coordination.

FHstinger

Dodd-Like
Count me out. No bad-luck-blue jackets for me. Since 1993, Tech always loses miserably as the bad-luck-blue jackets.

The players want first and foremost what gives them the best chance to win. To honor and adhere to Tech tradition and history using G/W/G uniforms for every game does this. O'Leary made a similar statement to this and made this policy when named the GT head coach in 1995, with his "Back to Our Roots" slogan, discarding and effectively banning the blue jerseys as used under the former regime.

Last edited: