Bold words from Gailey

Big Bubba Ray

Dodd-Like
From the Atlanta Urinal:

Tech now prepares to face another nationally ranked team this week in No. 10 Florida State. Gailey said he looks forward to the day when Tech fans won't have to celebrate victories such as Saturday's.

"I hope at some point, when we beat the 17th-ranked team, it isn't something that needs the goal posts to come down," he said. "I hope we've arrived to the point where it's expected."

I think Gailey completely missed the picture here. I was under the impression that the posts came down because it was Auburn and we haven't beaten them in 25 years (even longer drought at Grant Field) and that we were expected to get blown out. I don't think it has anything to do with beating a ranked opponent.
Either that or Gailey did not realize how badly our fans (myself included) needed a quality win.

Link to story

BBR

You are reading WAY too much into this.

He is simply showing confidence in that he believes the program will only get stronger.

I remember a recent former HC who benched a star WR for celebrating after a TD. He told him to "act like you've scored before."

No I think he understands, but his point is that if we were where we want to be beating Auburn (or the 17th ranked team) would just be a good win. Not something to be as emotional about. I think he's exactly right.

Big Bubba its all about appearances..The other guy that sat next to Trev(I forget his name) bashed us for tearing the goalposts down after beating an 0-1 team..Thats after Trev Alberts was giving us some Kudos...What Gailey is saying is He wants us to get used to winning and maybe tear down the Goalposts after we win a Championship...That my thinking too..it was very sweet to be able to finally beat Auburn...thats something no GT team nor GT Coach has done since I believe Pepper Rodgers in 1978???

After the crap we have endured since the last two games of last season I think the fans & players needed an outlet and guess what???? Auburn and those goal posts were the outlet!

Watch out Noles you're next on the redemption list.

BTW the team looked really good where fundamentals are concerned. Looks like the practiced hard on assignments and holding onto the ball.

Good job players and coaches!

Originally posted by Beesnut:
Looks like the practiced hard on assignments and holding onto the ball.

Good job players and coaches!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree about the good job players and coaches part, but did you watch the game?

I'm not sure you could say we did a good job of holding onto the ball.

Were it not for our stud qb recovering other GT players' fumbles, the game might have had an entirely different outcome.

Respect your thoughts CD, but also it could have been different if the refs had called their fumble a fumble instead of a "non-fumble". Perhaps we would have taken it in for 6 and kept them from their 3......I am sure you agree that we could go on and on in this vein. I am just so thankful that everything went WELL for us.
On another note: I am glad Gailey did not put our team back to practice too soon after that Thursday game (could have possibly gotten reprimanded or put on probation)
wink.gif
smile.gif
wink.gif

I completely agree with Chan on this one. I thought it was weak to tear down the goalposts for beating overrated Auburn. I would love to get to the point (as he says) where that is expected.

cdking... While our RB's may have had a problem holding onto the ball the receiver's certainly did not which is what cost us the BYU game.

However I agree the RB's need some "hands" work this week. Got to cover that ball up with two arms!

Originally posted by techsamillion:
Respect your thoughts CD, but also it could have been different if the refs had called their fumble a fumble instead of a "non-fumble". Perhaps we would have taken it in for 6 and kept them from their 3......I am sure you agree that we could go on and on in this vein. I am just so thankful that everything went WELL for us.
On another note: I am glad Gailey did not put our team back to practice too soon after that Thursday game (could have possibly gotten reprimanded or put on probation)
wink.gif
smile.gif
wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Agreed. The refs didn't help. Just making an observation that we didn't hold on to the ball all that well. However, I thought we looked solid in pretty much every other aspect of the game. And yes Beesnut, it was definitely nice to see the WR's hold on to the ball.

Hopefully it all comes together this week.

Originally posted by kirbee:
I completely agree with Chan on this one. I thought it was weak to tear down the goalposts for beating overrated Auburn. I would love to get to the point (as he says) where that is expected.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">kirbee,
I say that you miss the point completely.

We had just beaten a 100 year old rival...a rival that had beaten us 9 times in a row...a rival that was a prohibitive favorite over us....many people were calling a bet on awBarn as the lock of the year.

If you were at the game, then you know it was an emotional, hard-earned victory.

I say let's win every game and tear down the goalposts until we get tired of doing it.

Complaining about a little excitement after a HUGE win is counter-productive at best....

I hope our fans NEVER tear down goalposts again! I hope we NEVER have another 8 or 9 losing streak to anyone. I hope we get to the point where we have a chance to WIN against ANYBODY we play and it not bee an upset. And another thing, fans have NO RIGHT to bee on the field.

It is an upset if you win by 1 or 2 but 14 thats not an upset. I for one agree with Beeware. He's dead nuts on with his statement.
grin.gif

RATS ON THE FIELD! RATS ON THE FIELD! RATS GET THE TAIL! RATS GET THE TIGER!

Some traditions may be gone, but not forgotten.
wink.gif

Back