Brad Stewart

There is 0 justification to switch from GT to Arkansas. Last 3 seasons: 2-6 SEC, 0-8 SEC, 2-6 SEC. GT is a top 10 team with the legitimate potential to make a run in the next 2 years. Arkansas has fewer players in the NFL than GT (especially at WR). Arkansas has a far less valuable degree and is in a less desirable city. GT will be thinner at WR, so a chance to be a play maker earlier. He'll get single coverage at GT and will put up crazy numbers. He'll learn to block and will get a look from the NFL (like Waller and Smelter). Coaching situation is much more stable at GT than Arkansas.

It looks like it would be a location thing if anything...

It looks like it would be a location thing if anything...

Google Maps driving time from New Orleans to:

• Fayetteville AR: 9hrs 33min
  • Atlanta GA: 6hrs 40min
Roundtrip flight from New Orleans to:

• Fayetteville AR: $508
  • Atlanta GA: $204

Also,

Cost for a roundtrip flight to Cancun from:

• Atlanta: $322 (15 min drive to airport then direct)
  • Fayetteville: $613 (60 min drive to airport then connect through ATL)
Only advantage I see for Arkansas is if you're interested in dating Jana Duggar (apparently her relationship with Tebow is off)

rs_560x415-141204162950-1024.tim-tebow-jana-duggar.jpg

Please let this turn into a Tebow thread

Google Maps driving time from New Orleans to:

• Fayetteville AR: 9hrs 33min
  • Atlanta GA: 6hrs 40min
Roundtrip flight from New Orleans to:

• Fayetteville AR: $508
  • Atlanta GA: $204

I wasn't referring to actual millage. I meant regionally speaking.. Louisiana and Arkansas have mutual ties. Georgia and Florida are comparable even though Atlanta to Orlando is 9h drive..

I wasn't referring to actual millage. I meant regionally speaking.. Louisiana and Arkansas have mutual ties. Georgia and Florida are comparable even though Atlanta to Orlando is 9h drive..

New Orleans and Northwest Arkansas have cultural ties? You're stretching.

With no other major offers on the table for Stewart, this sounds like a really good deal for him. Im sure he's going to be on Hope scholarship anyway which would float him for the 1-2 semesters before his football scholly kicked in. Im sure we will lose at least one unexpected scholarship player between now and summer for one reason or another so he would likely get on scholarship before he even gets to campus this summer anyway.

If I were him, the only other tempting offer would be Yale, but they dont offer athletic scholarships. I'd still favor the GT offer knowing that I could probably transfer to Yale if D1 football didnt work out.

I like this kid as a safety for us, though it sounds like he would come in as a WR. He could be contributor for sure.

I guess the grayshirt offer is a step above a PWO spot. It's basically promising him the next scholarship available, which will probably come before he even enrolls in the fall. A PWO usually plays a year or two before the scholarship is given, and even then there is no guarantee.

New Orleans and Northwest Arkansas have cultural ties? You're stretching.

Cultural? No. I meant fanbase. A person in Arkansas potentially is more likely to be a saints fan, LSU fan, than a GT, UGA fan and vice versa. It might not be far far away in millage, but bordering states could hold significance.. All I meant

So the argument went from "location based" to "cultural ties", then "cultural ties" to "fanbase"? So we expect kids to choose colleges based the most popular NFL team in the area adjacent to the university?

What's the argument now given this data:

Facebook-NFL-fan-map-hi-res.jpg

"Arkansas is near the Arkansas River, which flows into the Mississippi River, which flows through New Orleans, so he can send bottles with notes in them down the river to his family. That's what I mean"

0 reason to go to Arkansas

No plurality of Jets fans in any single county. Really, this just means no Jets fans know how to use the Facebook or the Internets in general.

I didn't see Alaska on there. I'd bet until this year there were a lot of Jets fans there downloading Rex Ryan foot fetish videos.

Just saw Alaska on there they'll be Bills fans in a year unless Jason Garrett is caught with a cow.

Back to our originally scheduled programming - Sulkowski has a short story posted on the wjcl.com site. Don't think he had anything about it on his 10 p.m. newscast and probably won't have time for the 11 pm block.

This is not a greyshirt offer. AJC is trying to smear us. It would only be a greyshirt if he postpones enrollment to 2016. I would call it a guaranteed-scholarship walk-on.

I really like this solution, whatever you want to call it. The kid is too good to just be a walk-on with no guarantees, but not a stud we would want to use our last scholarship on if we have big targets left. This meets him halfway if he really wants to come to Tech.

Last edited:
I tend to agree that using the term grey shirt is disingenuous in this situation. I'm glad to see us try to treat the kid right and deal with our numbers situation.

Back