Braine and Clough to be on Ch5 @ 5pm today!*

Hey, where is Hog Mtn? It sure sounds like some MAJOR HEAT is coming down. GOOD, it is about time.

Would someone please post what is/was said it's kinda hard out here in San Antonio to get channel 5 from Atlanta.

He said, and I quote:

"If you're going to blame anybody, blame me. The buck stops here right? ..But don't blame it on Chan Gailey."

He said the students were at fault for not doing their work, and he's right.

The interviewer said "Dave Braine said do not blame Coach Chan Gailey" (but Gailey was never quoted as saying this)

DB - "If you want to blame someone blame me...because I run the whole thing...but the players did not do the work...the graduation rate this year will be the best it has ever been...when you think you are over the hump, you take 3 steps forward and 2 steps back...we have already started to make changes."

Then Clough "We're going to do the right thing..we have regular students that go on warning...we want them to come back to Ga Tech and be successful".

When they started the 90 minute segment, they showed Touchdown Tony running down the sidelines. I almost cried.

Tiar, you are mistaken I believe.

It was DB who said not to blame Gailey.

What is the graduation rate of the class after his greatest ever? (1997 is 70%, and 1998 could be 20%) My intel also tells me that 70% is not the greatest ever as DB just stated.

I saw it, and it was disgusting. Neither seemed very concerned. DB more concerned with not blaming Chan than he was the problem. He is just covering for his hire.

91% of the SA's that flunked out were in football but it isn't Gailey's fault. An academic coordinator is not in place for the Football SA's until October but it's all the SA's fault. Can Dave Braine get any lamer?

3518, he is a joke. He is an embarrassment to such a proud institution as GT! Ever since he came here, every standard seems to have been lowered. To me, he does not reflect character of GT.

They were pathetic. I do not know why they expanded the stadium if they do not care about winning football games. I still say, unlike others on this board, that the coach has a fiduciary responsibility to the players. He is taking up an inordinate amount of their time. In granting a scholarship doesn't he care about his return on investment? The coach, and the coach alone is responsible to see that the school and the athlete get their moneys worth. Any kid going to school can budget their time; but SA have their time accounted for by the program and the program should help them adjust.

Originally posted by DaveTech:
They were pathetic. I do not know why they expanded the stadium if they do not care about winning football games. I still say, unlike others on this board, that the coach has a fiduciary responsibility to the players. He is taking up an inordinate amount of their time. In granting a scholarship doesn't he care about his return on investment? The coach, and the coach alone is responsible to see that the school and the athlete get their moneys worth. Any kid going to school can budget their time; but SA have their time accounted for by the program and the program should help them adjust.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I tend to agree Dave.

Originally posted by bizzybee:
I saw it, and it was disgusting. Neither seemed very concerned. DB more concerned with not blaming Chan than he was the problem. He is just covering for his hire.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Did you happen to say...watch the interview? He only touched on whether it was Gailey's fault once.

The tendencies of people to stretch the truth..
puke.gif

Back