Braine infuriates prominent alum

Originally posted by BEESerk:
Where is Ylo in this thread????

Things that make you go "hmmmmm".
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">hehehe i'm present right here.
keeping quiet and gathering data and processing it. forming my *own* opinion and keeping in mind it's worth.

here's something that i learned at ma tech.

data -[processing]-&gt; information -[analysis]-&gt; knowledge -[usage]-&gt; power

right now most of us have data. it's not even been processed. very few (almost none) of us have information. even fewer have the actual knowledge of these events.

given all the cud that i got to chew, here's the biggest thing that i noticed.

FACT: drew hearn had a HUGE rift with the gtaa. the gtaa had a HUGE rift with drew hearn.

FACT: drew hearn fulfilled his monetary obligations that he made to the AA in spite of his objections.

point to note: even though the two didn't see eye to eye, didn't agree at all, had a separation of 180 degrees .. drew hearn didn't withdraw/holdback his monetary support.

opinion: people who make pledges to the gtaa and then renege on them are dishonorable filthy jerks.

response by purebloods: pfffffffffffft

I am one of those Tech fans who has mixed feelings on this DB issue. First, he won my respect by the way he handled the dealings with Bobby Cremins. When many were calling for Bobby's head and saying he should be fired, Dave Braine gave an interview on television at half time of one of the games and said, "Bobby Cremins put Tech basketball on the map. He has earned the right to step down when he sees fit. As long as Bobby Cremins wants to be head coad of Ga Tech basketball, he will remain in that position." This happened at the same time as the UGAG's were firing Jim Donnan in a very un-gentlemanly fashion. I, for one, was proud of the way DB handled that situation.

However, when I read of the failure of 10 Tech student/athletes from the football team this past spring and the AJC reported that it was due to a policy that was put into place by the Athletic Administration (ie not Gailey), I was extremely disappointed in the way this was handled.

All being said, I don't donate enough money to the school to feel that I should have a legitimate say in what happens to the AD of the school. But, I can tell you that in the business world, if enough of the big money backers of a company get disgruntled, the CEO gets his walking papers.

If someone really wants to see action taken on this issue, I would suggest that someone start an internet petition not unlike the one which was started at UGAG to get Adams fired. You have a big advantage here...you don't have to petition to the Board of Regents; you need only sway the vote of one man. And I can guarantee you that Dr. Wayne knows each of the "big money backers" personally. Get at least one other member of that club to join Mr. Hearns in taking that petition to the president and you will start hearing about changes coming down the pike!

Oops...one more thing. I prefer the white and gold colors myself, but a friend of mine who played some quarterback at the D-2 college level gave me fits when I told him about this argument. His response was, "Have you ever tried to dstinguish the difference between your receiver (who's wearing a gold jersey) and a defensive back (who's wearing a white jersey) when they're thirty-five yards down field? The dark color makes it much easier for the quarterback to make his progressions on his down-field reads." Just something to think about.

Back