Braine's letter travels around the world

beeware

Jolly Good Fellow
Braine\'s letter travels around the world

You want pub'.....we got pub'.
confused.gif

Click here as the AJC's Jeff Schultz takes the mystery out of the Braine letter for the world to see.

Re: Braine\'s letter travels around the world

Although he told the truth, this guy always does a job on tech.

Thanks for the link Beeware..

I actually see this as "good pub" ... for a number of reasons..

(1) Unlike the Tech fanbase in not so distant seasons past (I remember the early 80's all too well).. more is expected. I think most feel as I do.. there is NO REASON why we cant compete for the ACC Championship every year.. the Institute has too much to offer.. its just finding the 85 guys who want the offering, and can compete in the classroom as well as the field.

(2) I dont think its bad for everyone to know that the last two games were unacceptable to Tech supporters.. hopefully a recruit would want to play where the sport matters. I would rather read about the current unrest than experience the complacency of the early 80's again.

(3) If Gailey didnt understand the demands a year ago.. he should certainly understand them today.. his mulligan has already been used...

I think its fine to say we are not satisfied... but I also think its important that the fanbase supports those in place.. I am in full support of Braine and Gailey... but, they do have a job to do!

Originally posted by jacketguy:
If Gailey didnt understand the demands a year ago.. he should certainly understand them today.. his mulligan has already been used...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Isn't it amazing that someone got hired that apparently didn't understand the job? Shouldn't the resume have pointed that out? Didn't this years seniors deserve better?
And to top it all, he gets a mulligan?
shocked.gif

the Mariah Caery comment was priceless!
tongue.gif

Wreck in a rut......

Nice job by AUC hatchet man. Maybe Bradley or Hollis can add their 2 cents worth before signing day. Beeware is right, DB must be clueless. To send letter now and not think AUC will run negative story defies all logic.

Combatting rumor or innuendo on recruiting trail is tough enough. Black and white proof of problems is impossible to overcome when used by other schools.

I don't see where his statements make it world wide knowledge. Secondly who gives a rats fan-- abut the Urinal and Constipation certainly not Tech fans. 3rd I never read a word about the letter in the San Antonio Express News. So in reality who cares what a Ga fans write or doesn't write.

Originally posted by beeware:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by jacketguy:
If Gailey didnt understand the demands a year ago.. he should certainly understand them today.. his mulligan has already been used...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Isn't it amazing that someone got hired that apparently didn't understand the job? Shouldn't the resume have pointed that out? Didn't this years seniors deserve better?
And to top it all, he gets a mulligan?
shocked.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well, I dont think I would go so far as to say he didnt understand the job.. I do think there was an underestimation in terms of the time required on the college level, and the peripheral things that go with being a college coach (attention to grades, etc.)

I do think the transition from the pros to college was much different that Gailey ever imagined... and I have wondered if his time in Texas might have affected his ability to relate to the players (motivation and leadership issues)... but I think the same was true for Groh at Virginia..

The bottom line is this.. Gailey will get 3 years minimum, (unless the train completely flies into the mountain next year) .. I think most around the athletic offices view next year as being one of the toughest for Tech in terms of scheduled opponents, and most feel that unless we have a QB to step up, we could have another tough year.. given that, I can only hope for the best and give the best support that I can...

Hey, at the end of 2001 there were doubters concerning Richt.. and I think after the 2003 season, the doubters may return Athens..

who knows.. thats why they play the games

And I am curious, which one of you guys gave the fenoit schultz a copy of the letter? Was it DB, or could it be someone like beeware?

Wha's the big deal...ya'll Chan bashers were screaming for some kinda answer about the last two games of the season and now you ridicule the bone Braine tossed ya? Whadda ya think he was gonna say? That, by God, if Chan don't git us in a BCS bowl he's gonna git the axe? The fact is right now, today Chan is our best long term chance for football success at Tech. He may or may not pull it off, but that's the way it is January 2003. And you ARE NOT HELPING GA TECH FOOTBALL ONE BIT BY YOUR CONSTANT YAMMERING!

Texstinger, don't you think it is somewhat over the bounds of fairness to accuse beware of betraying his school? I can't understand that. beware has posted some things that I have both agreed and disagreed with, but to suggest that he would betray his school is incongrous.

BigBuck, I do not necessarily see it as "betraying" our school. I meant it somewhat light hearted coz schultz will not praise anything we do. But, seriously, how do you guys think he might have gotten the info?

Textstinger:
You asked how Schultz might have gotten the letter, ironically last night while we were at the basketball game, 790 The Zone was there broadcasting live before the game.

DB was being interviewed by them and as we stood their and listened, one of the commentators starting asking him about the letter because he said they at 790 The Zone got one (all the media).
I guess they sent the media copies.

The letter was actually a step in the right direction by finally attempting to communicate with the Tech community but missed on several key components: First, while Braine should have written this one, it should have stated we will do a better job of not thumbing our noses and hiding from the Tech contingent when something goes wrong. Secondly, there are no specifics regarding either the (a) expectations or guidelines for success for the football program or (b) timelines or philosophies to get us there.

Even supporters of Gailey would have probably liked to know just WHY Braine and Clough think he's the right man.

This isn't complicated stuff but we seem to create alot of mysteries, which isn't good for anyone.

Back