Branding

Weird that they dont have white there...
color-swatches.jpg

I'm disappointed that I have not been able to find a golf shirt or T shirt with the Rambling Wreck without buzz.

Or the classic. "MIT the Georgia Tech of the North" T shirt. I figure MIT didn't like that and would not allow their logo to be used on a T shirt in that way. (It probably was one of the biggest sellers with the MIT logo).

No matter where I am, when I mention I am from Georgia Tech or someone notices my GT logo shirt, they mention the rambling wreck before buzz, if they even mention buzz or the Yellow Jackets.

I'm disappointed that I have not been able to find a golf shirt or T shirt with the Rambling Wreck without buzz.

Or the classic. "MIT the Georgia Tech of the North" T shirt. I figure MIT didn't like that and would not allow their logo to be used on a T shirt in that way. (It probably was one of the biggest sellers with the MIT logo).

No matter where I am, when I mention I am from Georgia Tech or someone notices my GT logo shirt, they mention the rambling wreck before buzz, if they even mention buzz or the Yellow Jackets.
http://www.penleytees.com/shop/ramblinwreck/

Agree. Buzz is beloved by our fan base, while I think the Ramblin Wreck is more a branding piece to use moving forward.

The 60+ aged folks usually mention the ramblin' wreck.
The <35 aged folks tend to shout me a go jackets!

Same here, except for the occasional guy from Big10 country who says, "Oh, yeah, Georgia Tech...that's the Bulldogs, right?"

Same here, except for the occasional guy from Big10 country who says, "Oh, yeah, Georgia Tech...that's the Bulldogs, right?"

To which you reply, You guys (not Ya'll) mascot is Buckeye Badger right?
or The Michigan Spartans
or The Michigan State Wolverines
or The Ohio State Gophers
or The Northwestern Hoosiers etc.

You get the drift.

Two things make me agree with the Fail.

The artist wrote a book with Vince Dooley. He probably drew the pictures as you know this is critical when dealing with books for UGA people. That way they can color them in.

More realistically, the max size of XL will not cover my Adonis body and that would not be something most people would want to see walking around Hartsfield.

Tis hard.

The Reck is not warm & fuzzy, but with proper marketing could be our brand.

And at times it seems we emphasize a beer commercial song (from a company that supports ugag more than us) more than one of the greatest fight songs in all of college sports.

Buzz? I do not think a non-fan can relate to it as we do. Does not help that our colors are White & Gold, with Blue 3rd. And then all of a sudden, there is this "Bee" that is using Black. Not very bright.

If Branding is to be what I think people here are implying they want; we need to look at some things thru the eyes of those outside our immediate realm.

I've heard of people wearing the hat because they like the buzz logo, no affiliation whatsoever, just like the bee.

Buzz is a topnotch logo. Anybody buying a hat with the car? And the kids adore buzz. Most mascots are freakish and not kid friendly.

Having said that, we could do a better job of getting the car in parades and car shows if you want to use it for promotion. Does the car visit high schools? I'm sure everything is extra complicated with the club ownership arrangement, but it would not hurt to have the car go to Marist for example. It wouldn't hurt to park it in Lenox mall. Get creative.

I've heard of people wearing the hat because they like the buzz logo, no affiliation whatsoever, just like the bee.

Buzz is a topnotch logo. Anybody buying a hat with the car? And the kids adore buzz. Most mascots are freakish and not kid friendly.

Having said that, we could do a better job of getting the car in parades and car shows if you want to use it for promotion. Does the car visit high schools? I'm sure everything is extra complicated with the club ownership arrangement, but it would not hurt to have the car go to Marist for example. It wouldn't hurt to park it in Lenox mall. Get creative.

The Wreck should be driven around at every special event held in Atlanta, including Kickoff Classics, Final Fours, Super Bowls, All-Star Games, etc. I would even use it at the biggest professional trade shows at the Ga. World Congress Center or even festivals like the Dogwood Festival.

In addition to this, I think it would be a great idea for the spring game to be a special event for all of Atlanta to enjoy. Have T-day be an all-day event on campus with the Pi-Mile in the morning, host Tech baseball and softball games in the afternoon. Close some campus streets down, and set up food and drink vendors and have stages set up for music acts. Host a BBQ competition or a Taste of Atlanta style event. Include the football game in the early evening along with these events. Then following the game at night, book some B-level music acts to perform on campus.The point is to integrate Tech with the general public in Atlanta. Make T-Day be something everyone would want to go to.

As far as branding I would love to see just as much Wreck stuff as the "GT" or Buzz logos. And enough with the yellow and black. Make the school's primary colors be old gold and white, that's it. Just add a very dark Navy Blue as a non-primary color. So what if Buzz is old gold and dark navy blue. I don't see too many red and black falcons flying around, either.

Back