Breakdown of the 2007 Football Schedule

gtfan09

Varsity Lurker
Here's my breakdown on each opponent:

- @ Notre Dame- We always do well in the 1st road game of the season (Clemson '04, Auburn '05, VT '06) and this year should be no different. They beat us last year so we will not overlook them (i know philip wheeler won't). ND is losing alot on O and Quinn, Samardzija, McKnight, and Walker is gone. You know what Tenuta does to inexperienced young qb's... enough said.

- vs. Samford- We need to put them away in the 1st qt. I remember in '04 we barely beat them 28-7. Thats awful against a 1-AA team. Nice little get-r-ready game for BC.

- vs. BC- Its a national tv'd game and its the ACC opener. 1st meeting b/t the 2 teams since '98. BC has the best ACC qb and a good D but a new HC... I don't think BC has enough offensive power to win.

- @ UVA- Good lord 17 years is long. UVA will be improved... but this is the year the C'ville curse ends. They have no O but a decent D. Our D will shut them down and our O will score enough points to win.

- vs. Clemson- Payback is a b*t*h... this painful matchup from last year will be on our team's mind when Sept. 23 rolls around... Honestly I like our running backs better than Davis/Spiller... Jackets D will put Tommy Bowden on the tiger fans "CAN HIM" list.

- @ Maryland- This game scares the ba-jesus out of me and gives me chill bumps... they want payback and this game is a week after our big payback game vs. Clemson... a big win over clemson and a letdown the next week is very probable of GT but I think we "turned the corner" last year of not having letdown games after big wins... we should win this one along the trenches.

- @ Miami,FL- Bond will show Nix how to utilize talent... but Miami's D is downright "NASTY"... we sack Wright/Freeman at least 6 times.

- vs. Army- nice homecoming game after being on the road the past 2 weeks... hopefully the jets will flyover.

- vs. VT- close defensivebattle thats leads to a very late TD by Choice to win the 4th quarter... low scoring affair... both D's are awesome and I think Choice will show Ore up on nat'l tv... i expect a 17-14 or 14-10 type game after last years somewhat "offensive shootout".

- @ Duke- we don't do well in WWS... but should have game in hands by late 2nd qt.

-vs. UNC- they play us tough in BDS... young inexperienced team... they'll hang tough with us until late in the 3rd qt.

-vs. UGA- GOD SAID LET THERE BE LIGHT... I SAY LET THERE BE AN ASS-WHIPPING... WE gotta pimp slap them from the get-go. We need to pop, lock ,and drop it on em the 1st 3 qts. then we can 2-step on them in the 4th and walk it out in the endzone after a sweet victory...i dont want a last second fg to win... but then again i'll take any football win vs. UGA... right now they own us but we need to start our own winning streak against them... I CANNOT TAKE ANOTHER LOSS TO THE DA MUTTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats your breakdown of the schedule?

OK, I'll play.

- @ Notre Dame- Quite frankly we dominate on both sides of the ball. Something like 28-7.

- vs. Samford- No contest. That 28-7 score wasn't as close as it looked.

- vs. BC- BC has been underrated for the past couple of years, if O'Brian was still there I'd be very, very concerned about this game, but he's not and they will still be getting acustumed to the new coach. 24-17

- @ UVA- This one will be tough. UVA has been improving year by year and of course it's up there. Still I think this is were the boys make a statement that they are serious - 30-21

- vs. Clemson- Thank goodness CU loses some O-line talent! But this will still be tough, but finally our O takes control of a geme - 34-24

- @ Maryland- This one doesn't concern me as much as the previous two, but no mistaking it - we'll have to be focused. The offense continues to roll - 31-28

- @ Miami,FL- I don't think Miami has as much talent as everyone says, but they are still loaded! However there's a new coach and of course we're familiar with the OC. We take care of biz .... 21-3

- vs. Army- Would have been nice for Bobby to be back at the flats. Army is gutty, but overmatched - 41-10

- vs. VT- This one is for the Coastal Championship and I think will be our toughest game. However the boys have the eye of the tiger - 28-24

- @ Duke- Sorry Ted -this ain't '04. 44-7

-vs. UNC- They have a new coach and a fair amount of talent. Near the end of the season they will begin to gell and this one scares the bejesus outta me. Still, I'm sayin' the boys are on a roll and looking at 38-24.

-vs. UGA- Revenge is sweet on the way to the BCS.

Back