Breaking news

beeware

Jolly Good Fellow
The RESUME is out of the coma.....REPEAT....The RESUME is out of the coma!!!!!
grin.gif

A fantastic win for the fans, the players, and the coaches.

I certainly want to give Coach Gailey credit for...finally....playing to win. I was very disappointed in the BYU game....not so much that we lost as how we lost.

But it appears that Gailey finally has learned that we do have some horses if he will just turn them loose.

The big pass play on the first play of the game....faking a punt....willing to go on 4th down (at least once anyway)...the potential pass back to the QB (even though it didn't work that time)...actually running some...surprise...surprise....OPTION!!!!!!

Again....I say congrats to the fans, players and coaches. I will be in Tally supporting the Jackets. I think that FSU will be a much tougher test since they are much more balanced than awBARN. But regardless of the outcome, if Coach Gailey will go down there with a gameplan designed to WIN (whether we actually win or not)..he certainly will have my support.

I thought the stadium looked great...too much orange though. The empty Club seats were a disgrace.

A note from the game:

A rather large awBARN fan sat in our section about 2 or 3 rows in front of me (wearing a wreck tech t-shirt). He was talking rather loud about how awBARN was going to beat Tech. So we started chanting USC...USC (reminding him of the USC win over awBARN last week). He promptly turned around and said "TECH is NO USC!!!" So later in the game, when it was obvious that we were going to win, he got up, rather dejectedly, and started for the exits. He turned and looked up at me, and I just couldn't resist, so I said "We may not be a USC....but y'all are not even a BYU !!!!"
tongue.gif

All in all a very fun day. A great win over an old rival...I have been to so many of the TECH/awBARN games it was so great to get revenge.
Very important to get the new stadium off to a great start.

And again to Coach Gailey....good job.....just keep it up please.
wink.gif

By the way, I would have on here sooner, but I had been banned again....something I don't believe in.

Originally posted by beeware:

By the way, I would have on here sooner, but I had been banned again....something I don't believe in.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I am reminded of the story of one fellow turning to the other and asking, "Do you believe in infant Baptism?"
The other fellow:"Believe in it? Hell, I've seen it!"

beeware,
Believe it or not, as much as we disagree, I "had your back" when the question "where is beeware?" came up.

link to proof

I do have to point out though, given your penchant for complete truth and accuracy and correct spelling that it was a fake PUNT, not a fake field goal
wink.gif

You know, Beeware (et al.), there is an alternative explanation to "Gailey waking up." It goes along the lines of "When Gailey has a QB actually playing QB,with a game under his belt, and when the team is not decimated by injury, then it is apparent that his coaching brings out the abilities of his players in surprising ways. Perhaps we can expect that the more of his players come to Tech and the longer he works with them, the more good surprises we will get, until success is not a surprise at all."

Just a thought.

Originally posted by beeware:
The RESUME is out of the coma.....REPEAT....The RESUME is out of the coma!!!!!
grin.gif

A fantastic win for the fans, the players, and the coaches.

I certainly want to give Coach Gailey credit for...finally....playing to win. I was very disappointed in the BYU game....not so much that we lost as how we lost.

But it appears that Gailey finally has learned that we do have some horses if he will just turn them loose.

The big pass play on the first play of the game....faking a punt....willing to go on 4th down (at least once anyway)...the potential pass back to the QB (even though it didn't work that time)...actually running some...surprise...surprise....OPTION!!!!!!

Again....I say congrats to the fans, players and coaches. I will be in Tally supporting the Jackets. I think that FSU will be a much tougher test since they are much more balanced than awBARN. But regardless of the outcome, if Coach Gailey will go down there with a gameplan designed to WIN (whether we actually win or not)..he certainly will have my support.

I thought the stadium looked great...too much orange though. The empty Club seats were a disgrace.

A note from the game:

A rather large awBARN fan sat in our section about 2 or 3 rows in front of me (wearing a wreck tech t-shirt). He was talking rather loud about how awBARN was going to beat Tech. So we started chanting USC...USC (reminding him of the USC win over awBARN last week). He promptly turned around and said "TECH is NO USC!!!" So later in the game, when it was obvious that we were going to win, he got up, rather dejectedly, and started for the exits. He turned and looked up at me, and I just couldn't resist, so I said "We may not be a USC....but y'all are not even a BYU !!!!"
tongue.gif

All in all a very fun day. A great win over an old rival...I have been to so many of the TECH/awBARN games it was so great to get revenge.
Very important to get the new stadium off to a great start.

And again to Coach Gailey....good job.....just keep it up please.
wink.gif

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Welcome Back! I agree - this was a much needed win for this program and it's players. Time will show how far we've come after all is said and done.

One game at a time. I had a house full this whole weekend and it was a lot more enjoyable with a win!

All right, who stole BeeWare's name and posting privileges?

Just kidding BeeWare!

Father Time

Back