Brenton King must GO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butker could be kicking for us and we still would have sucked donkey sock this year. We need better kicking, but blaming that poor kid like was the issue this season is horseshit.

Hopefully our Above The Line coach who is all about player development will be able to fix that...

I can’t get on board with this and I’m a JCE and Sav fan.
I don’t like you trashing Pastner, but he gets paid a bunch and it’s fair. This is ridiculous. We lost by a bazillion points and we’re trashing the kicker

Normally bad form to call out a player. He is pitiful. Such a waste of a scholly. A gimme FG to tie COFH and he does that...for like the 10th time this season. Bye, Felicia.
Agreed. It's like he doesn't even work on his craft during the year

öööö all of you pieces of öööö for bleeding your vaginas over a student athlete.

I’ll take our field goal misser over you losers any day of the week.
öööö off old fart. John Heisman was famous for saying "it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football"
King can put his big boy pants on. He sucks. He's not a special snowflake. He is luckily getting a world class education for free while failing at performing at the very task he is supposed to perform for us. If his feelings are hurt, he knows what he can do.

öööö off old fart. John Heisman was famous for saying "it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football"
King can put his big boy pants on. He sucks. He's not a special snowflake. He is luckily getting a world class education for free while failing at performing at the very task he is supposed to perform for us. If his feelings are hurt, he knows what he can do.

Which kicker did you think we should’ve been using instead, retard?

Neither. Asshole. 4th and 2, go for it. Neither of our kickers should be trying anything other than XP's, douche.

I always assumed you didn’t know öööö about football. Now i know for sure.

How did that 4th and 2 work out for you?
Brenton King was 3/6 on FG this year at the time of the kick.
GT was 1/5 on 4th down conversions against ranked teams this year.

We really needed points, any way we could get them, and had a better chance of getting a TD against UGA's defense on a flukey 40 yd pass than on a goal-line 4 yd run. I think the FG was the right call.

However, it is kinda dumb to call this kid out. The kick was obviously irrelevant to the game, and kicking has been irrelevant to many of our games this year.

What I think is weird is that Wells was 9/9 on FG's and 39/39 on PAT's last year... but somehow lost the starting job. This year Wells was given 1 – that's right, 1 – chance at a FG, which he missed. Brenton has now missed more than 50% of this FG's, but for some reason CGC wouldn't let the guy who was perfect last year back on the field.

Seems obvious to me that Wells got sideways with CGC or another coach somehow. Because regardless of what they're doing in practice, no way you don't give the guy who was perfect last year a chance to kick when your kicker is as bad as King is.

Normally bad form to call out a player. He is pitiful. Such a waste of a scholly. A gimme FG to tie COFH and he does that...for like the 10th time this season. Bye, Felicia.

I don't think it is ever good to call out a player.

If we have a player who's playing badly on the field, it's because coaches recruited him, coaches watched him in practice, coaches decided to play him, and coaches were either unable to recognize he was a bad player, or unable to coach him up, or unable to use him in a way in which he could succeed, or unable to find another player who could play better.

At any rate, it's never the player's fault that he's on the team, or on the field, or asked to do what he's trying to do. This doesn't apply to just this coaching staff. It applies to all coaching staffs.

Coach Dodd discusses this in his great book, "Bobby Dodd on Football." If fans and coaches read this book and followed the principles set out in it by Coach Dodd, we would not have seen the deplorable conduct that has been displayed in so many games this weekend.

Every season, football gets further and further away from the things for which Coach Dodd stood. Georgia Tech is very fortunate to be identified with such a great man.

Mods, why isn't this thread deleted, or at least the subject title changed. I thought no blatant calling out of S-A's was rule #2?

I don't think it is ever good to call out a player.

If we have a player who's playing badly on the field, it's because coaches recruited him, coaches watched him in practice, coaches decided to play him, and coaches were either unable to recognize he was a bad player, or unable to coach him up, or unable to use him in a way in which he could succeed, or unable to find another player who could play better.

At any rate, it's never the player's fault that he's on the team, or on the field, or asked to do what he's trying to do. This doesn't apply to just this coaching staff. It applies to all coaching staffs.

Coach Dodd discusses this in his great book, "Bobby Dodd on Football." If fans and coaches read this book and followed the principles set out in it by Coach Dodd, we would not have seen the deplorable conduct that has been displayed in so many games this weekend.

Every season, football gets further and further away from the things for which Coach Dodd stood. Georgia Tech is very fortunate to be identified with such a great man.

Great post. It’s not on King as long as he is working hard and practicing.

This is on PJ for picking a bad kicker and not coaching him up. It’s also on Collins for not seeing what he had in camp and trying out every student on campus who played soccer in high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back