Brian Camp WIll Start?

JacketFanPCB

Damn Good Rat
That's acc. to a font on the Hive called "ChilidogKing". I realize AJ Suggs is
probably sick maybe with flu-like symptoms, but Camp? Is this 'cause he knows the offense better than D-Bo?

Is this true? Can someone confirm it??!

It may be a situation where he goes in for 1 play or 1 series (since he's a senior).

I'll tell you this much - I've seen Camp in a few practices over the last couple of years, including the Spring game, and was always surprised at why he hasn't gotten a shot.

He *definitely* knows the offense - I haven't been to a tremendous number of practices during Spring(probably 5 over the last 2 years), but I didn't see him make a single bad decision on where to put the ball.

Not as much arm strength as AJ or certainly Bilbo, but I am surprised he never to seemed to have a shot.

But I agree with Contact, I think it would probably be a "Senior day" thing, and one that would be well deserved, IMO. The kids done everything asked of him - fullback, qb, signal caller, etc

I've never been able to figure out Camp. I certainly realize there is a reason why he has never been a factor, but when you watch him at practice it is hard to figure out. He throws as nice a ball as I've seen on the Flats and has decent mobility.

He signals in the plays so he knows a lot about the offense. He was probably the most productive QB in the spring game.

I heard a couple years ago that he struggled reading defenses in the pocket. Perhaps that is due to his lack of height. In years passed he struggled with his accuracy some too.

I trust the present and previous coaches on this one though.

Originally posted by TIAR,B:

Not as much arm strength as AJ or certainly Bilbo, but I am surprised he never to seemed to have a shot.

[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It looked to me that Camp's arm is much stronger than Suggs. I think Suggs has a hitch in his delivery that that limits his ability to really zip it.

Camp is a rJr. Of course, he may choose to graduate & start his life's work rather than returning for another yr of being 3rd string QB.

Axe,

On the Camp arm strength - I agree with you about the "hitch in the giddyup" of Suggs delivery, and awhile back I thought Brian had very good arm strength. But the last Spring game he looked different to me - less zip on the ball. But he sure knows where to put it.

I thought Camp always had great footwork in the pocket - not necessarily scramble mobility, but he gets his drops quickly, and seems to have good footwork back there.

Camp's an interesting fellow. HS player of the year coming out of the state of Ohio (no small accolade). Top notch athlete and competitor who would probably be a more than adequate substitute if pressed into duty. True team guy. Another fine example of a TECH man. As previously stated he's listed as a R-Jr.

LET'S GO TECH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back