Bunker Mentality from the GTAA

buzzy bee

Varsity Lurker
This isn't going away folks. We just got blasted 51-7 by our hated rival, a lot of our players quit on us, our strength and conditioning program has failed us the last 2 years, we are struggling right now in recruiting.

Come on...can somebody get some good words out of the GTAA hopefully addressing the problems we have right now? They do know that we have problems right? Especially considering we have 12,000 more seats to sell for next year.

Buzzy I agree. It's been silent really since this announcement was made 10 months ago. As for the stadium expansion, we will probably be the first team in history to be given our own allotment back for home seats after Georgia, Auburn, Clemson, NC State, etc. fill our seats with 30,000 to 40,000 rednecks who come in to taunt us. Well, I guess if we continue to be fodder for them without developing a fighting football team we get what we deserve. This ship is sinking and BRAINE does nothing! If the Hewitt hire keeps him permanantly entrenched, then let Hewitt coach the football team - at least his team puts forth some effort, looks well coached and is not afraid of Georgia.

Patience men, they are taking a poll from The Hive and StingTalk before they formulate, copulate, and expediate their plan to correct the dire situation that confronts them (and us). Unfortunately for Beeware, the same post 843 times only counts as one.

Originally posted by cyclejacket:
Patience men, they are taking a poll from The Hive and StingTalk
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LOLPIMP!!!

Buzzy, if you or anyone else have seen anything, please post a link. This is a major college program in the heart of Atlanta. The AJC was almost stifling in it's lack of interviews or quotes post-game (probably out of respect), but something seems amiss. Now some are saying they are preparing for a bowl game, which leads me to believe even more Gailey and staff are around, not out recruiting. Heck, everybody keeps telling us to rally round but talk to us! I think Gailey would be wise to cut the low-key approach, fess up honestly about mistakes that were made and give the troops something to rally around. The time to do that is now - he's blown a huge hole in the confidence factor and fan base, and is losing people fast. This is not to call for house cleaning, firings, rantings, etc. I'd suggest a sit-down with someone who can throw him some softballs and let him bare his soul. If he's staying, most Techsters will get behind him if he gives us his best. But business as usual and this silence to the fan base won't cut it.

I would guess, you will not hear anything until after the bowl game, regarding the staff, problems, etc.

To keep from self imploding you might as well sit back, relax, and enjoy all the upcoming bowl games and Tech basketball. No person on this board, or the Hive, is going to make one iota of difference in the proceedings of the GTAA until after the bowl game.

Most of the grumbling on the board regarding the firing of Gailey are those whose egos were hurt because Mac was not hired. If I have ever seen a useless issue, it was the one to promote Mac to head coach.

It would have never happened in this world or the next. All of that was pure folly and never had an iota of a chance.

This same, very small group, is afraid O'Brien might get a pink slip, and I expect they are correct. It would be the only wise decision. An attempt to have Gailey fired is useless. An attempt to retain O'Brien is most likely useless regardless of getting another head coach.

The only possible exit for Gailey is for him to leave of his own accord. I doubt if any remarks on this board or the Hive will have anything to do with his decision. If he makes that decision, it would probably come only from his own intuition of whether he thinks it would be worth the effort to stay.

If the recruiting looks very good to Gailey, I doubt he would leave for at least another year.

Stay tuned until after the bowl game.

wink.gif

Hmmm...you bring up an interesting pt. If they make changes in staff at this time, it would affect recruiting, and if they think that is going smoothly and as planned, they will make whatever changes they feel necessary after signing day.

Perhaps that is why they are invisible. If press gets ahold of them, they would be asked sensitive questions that they could not HONESTLY answer now.
pat.gif

Most staff changes happen in late Dec. or early Jan. because they always have the coaches conference in early Jan. when there is a dead period in recruiting so all the coaches can attend. If a head coach waited until February to replace a key staff member it would be very difficult to get the quality coach because most
teams have solidified there staffs by then. Of course there are exceptions but I think if we have any changes on our staff they will be known by mid-January.

Back