Bus Trip to Notre Dame

Thanks, Gobees for clarifying that it is indeed the eastern time zone. Chicago is in the central time zone, so the trip will lose an hour going there.

At last count we are at 153 with a cap of 200.

I realize you might still be working on the details for pickup -- but any hotel recommendations? Want to be somewhere close to the bus pickup or Wrigley (or somewhere in between).

Thanks for arranging this!!

I realize you might still be working on the details for pickup -- but any hotel recommendations? Want to be somewhere close to the bus pickup or Wrigley (or somewhere in between).

Thanks for arranging this!!

Picked up a suite at the Renaissance O'Hare Suites for $100/night. Not near downtown, but right on the Blue Line train which goes downtown and to Wrigley. Have my 13 yr old son with me, so no late night downtown partying for us :)

Got tickets to the game, accommodation in downtown Chicago and tickets to the Friday afternoon Cubs game. Only thing left on the agenda is to figure out how to get to South Bend for the game. Was a little late to making reservations for the Chicago GTAA bus and looks like the cap has been hit.

Anyone with any insight as to whether an additional bus may be a possibility? Or other ways to get to the game.

I found a couple of other websites/bars that look like they run buses on gameday but they are sold out for the tech game as well. Any input is appreciated.

Hoping for another bus as well. Stop checking the message boards daily during the off season and I get burned, but oh well, worst case I'll rent a car and DD my crew there. Probably come out cheaper but another bus would be nice.

South Bend is EDT, so 3:30pm game time there. Almost missed the first quarter in 1997, because I thought it was CDT.

Until 2006 Indiana did not observe daylight savings time and therefore was the same as CDT during the summer (or 1 hour less than EDT) and the same as EST the rest of the year.

Since the 1997 game was around labor day, I assume South Bend was indeed on CDT (really EST).

Maybe you saw the EDT game time and assumed it was kickoff in CDT/EST?

Anyone know which lot the buses will park in for the tailgate?

Picked up a suite at the Renaissance O'Hare Suites for $100/night. Not near downtown, but right on the Blue Line train which goes downtown and to Wrigley. Have my 13 yr old son with me, so no late night downtown partying for us :)

Just so you know, the blue line does not go to Wrigley. The red line does, and you can take that to the Loop and transfer to the blue line. At that point, Uber will be easier.

Anyone have any update on this? What time is pick up....where it is etc?
I got an email from them a couple days ago asking for my guest's name and saying details would be forthcoming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Until 2006 Indiana did not observe daylight savings time and therefore was the same as CDT during the summer (or 1 hour less than EDT) and the same as EST the rest of the year.

Since the 1997 game was around labor day, I assume South Bend was indeed on CDT (really EST).

Maybe you saw the EDT game time and assumed it was kickoff in CDT/EST?

Didn't the county right next to Chicago observe it though to stay on schedule with that since it was basically a commuter county?

We are the kind people who moved from bus #5 to bus #1/so there would be room for a beer cooler

Me + 3 on bus 1. Go Jackets!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

I printed out a bigcry sign. I'll hang it somewhere when we get there. Come say hi

Back