Bush to Houston and Leinart to New Orleans???..

hiveredtech

Dodd-Like
with Houston finishing at an astounding 2-14 and N.O. at 3-13.

Congrats to those 49ers, Jets, and Packers...way to go out there and get that critical 4th win to finish 4-12. Lets hope one of them get a shot at Brady Quinn!!!

I know this is pro-talk...but still worth mentioning. Although I would love to see Brady come out and go to G.B., setting up fresh blood for us at QB next Labor Day weekend.

Not me.
If ND is going to be one of our two upset games next year, not only do I hope to see Quinn but also the Rocket and Paul Hornung if they could figure out a way to do some time travel.

That way we can really pull our hair out after another one of those duke type losses.

Duke type losses?

I thought we had zero losses against non-bowl opponents this year? There was no "Duke type" loss this year.

While there are many areas of our play that must be addressed...must every topic always turn to a negative?

Alright, I will drop what I thought was amusing.

I hope we have the chance to beat ND when they are fully loaded. Our only chance imo of going to the bcs is winning the conference. Losing to Notre Dame won't matter in the big picture.

I understand pocket...the Utah game has really ruined bowl watching for me. I am even having a hard time getting excited about todays games.

I want to beat ND badly...particularly since we go against a lot of the same recruits at times. Plus...I just want this adoration by the networks to fade again. It would be a great kick start to the season.

As far as the personnel they have...I would love to be confident enough to say "bring em on with the full slate"..but I will settle for a one point victory because they run the wrong way and we win with a safety! I just want W's.

I like our chances against ND. We will have our D line back plus Richards, a more experienced O line, a couple of playmakers at wideout including one that could be amongst the best three or four in the country, a pair of potentially very good tailbacks along with a FB that is developing nicely. My question marks will be DBs and LBs although we have some young talent developing at both of these positions. I just like the way we match up and cannot wait for this game. Additionally one of my friends played at ND thus I want to have the bragging rights for a year.

and if we beat ND, then what?

What do you expect the remainder of the season?

And it appears that not all schools wait until after recruiting to make coaching changes. Some actually care for the work their S/As put in, and want the best for them in return.

[ QUOTE ]

And it appears that not all schools wait until after recruiting to make coaching changes. Some actually care for the work their S/As put in, and want the best for them in return.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, couldn't agree more.
The concept of holding on to assistants until after signing day has always bothered me. It screams of pulling one on the new recruits until they sign a binding contract.
Nice way to start a relationship!

Maybe the ncaa could actually do something positive for its players: That is, if a school fires a coach without cause between signing day and the start of fall practice, the violating school will lose 2 scholarships for the upcoming year. Or, at least do something to make a school do the right thing.

Re: Bush to Houston and Leinart to New Orleans???.

Leinart almost certainly won't go 2nd. Not only is he probably the 3rd best QB coming out this year, NO has much bigger problems than Aaron Brooks at QB.

Either way, I don't care who we have to go up against next year, Weis will have the kid playing well.

Man, why do some coaches have all the luck in having great quarterbacks? Oh, that's right, he's only been there for a year.

Disagree that NO would not take a QB. Brooks is done with the Saints and their backup certainly didn't look like much. If they don't take a QB they may be run out of NO even if the NFL makes them stay.

The schedule is tough. I expect that we will win 7 with 8 being a very good year. By the way the insinuation that Tech administration and coaches do not want the best for their SAs is wrong. I believe that a few changes do need to be made, but also believe that the current staff didn't enter into this season to lose.

But are they doing every single thing possible to help our S/As win, or succeed, or to play without possibly quitting, or to not get embarrassed on the field (51 2 7)?

Is this staff doing right by our kids.

No they are not.

Just curious, what is it you have to do to help kids not quit on the field? I thought that was something that's inside you.

The staff at the end of the day cannot make a kid play. All they can do is prepare them to play. The kids have to have it inside of themselves to play. I am not saying the staff has nothing to do with the kids performance, but I am saying the staff cannot make a kid have desire.

Back