But we waxed UNC

Wylie76

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
literally no one is arguing that beating unc was a big deal
I disagree....there are several that tout how Awesome Sims is based on his performance in the game and how it was a pivotal win....go back and read it. The main "instigators" are the ones butthurt being lil bitches behind a computer and leave big cries

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I disagree....there are several that tout how Awesome Sims is based on his performance in the game and how it was a pivotal win....go back and read it. The main "instigators" are the ones butthurt being lil bitches behind a computer and leave big cries
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
For me personally the only takeaways from the UNC game were
  • It was the best time I had all year from tailgate all the way through the end of the game - similar vibe to Louisville the previous year but without the annoying staff nagging about masks three seconds after the beer leaves my lips at the game
  • If Sims didn't come in we'd be staring back at a 2-win season instead

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
Phalluses total yards against UNC - 543
Jackets total yards against UNC - 394

There are outliers and mitigating circumstances beneath the numbers (sacks, turnovers, leading to short fields, thereby reducing the possibility of more total offense).
But 6-6 South Carolina, on its 20th quarterback of the season and with a running back who had not a single other P5 offer and had 183 yards today, just made a mockery of Mack Brown and the Turd Heels.

cyclejacket

Not A Fan of Biden BS
I'm not sure how many members there are on Stingtalk, but I'm very sure one post doesn't meet any criteria for statistical relevancy.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
Collins - beat every Duke team with an overall losing record
Johnson - beat every Duke team with an overall losing record
Gailey - got Roofied
O’Leary - beat every Duke team with an overall losing record
BL - nope

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
Geoff Collins still hasn't beaten an FBS team that has finished with a winniing record...

JJacket

Geoff Collins still hasn't beaten an FBS team that has finished with a winniing record...
No öööö? Really? Nobody has even pointed that out. Thank God you're on here regurgitating the same öööö over and over

gte490v

Dodd-Like
No öööö? Really? Nobody has even pointed that out. Thank God you're on here regurgitating the same öööö over and over
Agree, it’s clear he isn’t looking for the progress. Every year we’ve had 3 wins, but only 1 FBS loss to a losing team. While 2020 Syracuse was probably the worst FBS team we lost to, 2021 Virginia Tech last year was probably our best, worse FBS loss. If you squint your eyes, you can almost see the progress.

JJacket

Agree, it’s clear he isn’t looking for the progress. Every year we’ve had 3 wins, but only 1 FBS loss to a losing team. While 2020 Syracuse was probably the worst FBS team we lost to, 2021 Virginia Tech last year was probably our best, worse FBS loss. If you squint your eyes, you can almost see the progress.
We should have, IMO, and had the opportunity to win 4iar (UVA, VT, Miami, BC). I believe the DL and OL will improve. We need secondary work. Need to keep Sims healthy. As impressive as Gibbs' runs were, Sims had several impressive scrambles and runs. Sims did do a better job keeping his head up and looking downfield. We just have to get the OL improved. We cannot afford to let Sims get beaten up.

Wylie76

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
made in the few days after that win?! OH NO PEOPLE WERE BEING OPTIMISTIC!!!!!1!11!!

this is a straw man argument. no one believes beating UNC was that big of a deal. this thread is stupid.
Get out of here with that bullshit. Guys on here were talking about that Game and Sims yada yada yada just last week

If that’s what you call optimism ok. But most others call a bs excuse and now the Geoff Sniffers lost their only feather in their cap. Which wasn’t much

Collins supporters sound like every UGA fan on Jan 2. Wait til next yr