Byerly

Byerly should, imo, get a little more playing time - but not a ton more. I'm sure it's already been said by many others, I'd love to see Byerly get involved in 3rd and short and 4th and short. The main issue with that is it gives away that we are probably running midline or some QB follow play. Regardless, he and Days give us a better shot at a tough yard than JT and Days.

I think it also makes sense to get Byerly involved in some BB plays next year. He's a pretty decent runner and we will be very thin at that position next year. No idea how he can block, so I'm ruling AB out.

This kind of thinking makes more sense to me than telling a really good football player to sit and wait for someone to get hurt.

And still waiting for your informed insight. Please tell us which position you think he should be playing!

Why don't you think he could take on a limited role at BB next year? I'm not talking anything major, but maybe in a red zone package? He's obviously athletic, strong, and somewhat fast. We will also be thin at the position next year.

Why don't you think he could take on a limited role at BB next year? I'm not talking anything major, but maybe in a red zone package? He's obviously athletic, strong, and somewhat fast. We will also be thin at the position next year.

I didn't say he couldn't, although I am a firm believer that you need to keep your backup QB injury free. B Backs essentially take a shot from one or more defensive players on every dive play. That has to take its toll on a player's arms and midsection. Things we would need a QB to have uninjured so that they can throw without pain.

.... That kind of nonsense has the remote possibility of negatively affecting the player.

Two things.

1. This kind of nonsense has been going on around here for a long time and I don't think it has ever effected any player during that time. Well....maybe Vad (JK).

2. I think Byerly is bright enough to understand that he's already transferred once in his college career and he's transferred into a school where he would receive a öööö valuable diploma versus most other options.

Why throw away his diploma for a chance to extend your football career another year or however long he has eligibility?

And still waiting for your informed insight. Please tell us which position you think he should be playing!

Right now, backup QB only. If he's happy sitting on the bench all the time then leave him there next year. I doubt that will be the case however. We are losing just about everybody at A and B so those two make sense to me.

We are losing just about everybody at A and B so those two make sense to me.

He isn't A Back material and B Back puts him at risk of being injured. If he becomes the #3 option at QB then sure, put him at B. This has essentially been Days' career trajectory.

Right now, backup QB only. If he's happy sitting on the bench all the time then leave him there next year. I doubt that will be the case however. We are losing just about everybody at A and B so those two make sense to me.

Who cares if he's happy sitting on the bench. Nobody is happy sitting on the bench. But that's where the team needs him most.

I think Byerly is perfect where he is. He can come in if JT is off or dinged up, and I won't be worried at all about his ability to lead the offense successfully.

PJ put him in at the goal line in the NCST game, which I thought was a great idea. Everybody knows we're ramming it up the middle, so put the bigger, stronger option in the game.

Back