BYU game moved?

law_bee

Dodd-Like
http://www.harktheherald.com/article.php?sid=75138&mode=thread&order=0

EXTRA POINTS: Crowton said he's still mulling plans for a junior varsity schedule. He said two schools are asking for a game. Crowton doesn't want to play them on successive weekends and might wait until BYU's schedule is set to make the call. ... BYU men's athletic director Val Hale said there's nothing new with regard to the Cougars' schedule conflict, and it's up to ESPN to fix the problem. BYU has Boise State scheduled for Nov. 7 and its season opener against Georgia Tech for Aug. 28, on ESPN. Boise State has BYU scheduled for Aug. 30. Hale said the worst-case scenario would make BYU move the Georgia Tech game to Nov. 1, a bye weekend for both, and play Boise State on Aug. 30. ...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Why should we move our date with them so they can play Boise State? We scheduled they scheduled so let them play 2 games in 2 days. I'm sure DB and their AD made the schedule and if their AD screwed up thats not Techs fault let them move Boise State we need a game just if nothing else to work out the pre season jitters.

I don't think we want Auburn to be our first game of the year.

That would suck since it would be a GREAT warmup game for us to get ready for Auburn. Auburn has USC ahead of our game so they will be ready!

PLEASE make this workout the way it is scheduled now!

Not our fault they can't read a calendar. Plus it sounds like Boise State's problem because BYU and GT are on the same page.

It's that blue turf isn't it?

I agree, it will be a bummer to play Auburn as our first opponent. We do need a game prior to the Auburn game.

frown.gif

The bigger money will make this work out...
Boise State comes out with a bye that weekend and the Tech/ BYU game will go on as planned...
Money talks ... Div II walks...
nuff said...

You do realize that Boise State is in Div 1, and in fact was ranked in the Top 20 last year, no?

I do think the Tech matchup would obviously be the bigger TV draw, but Boise State has been playing pretty darn good football lately.

this game needs to go on AS SCHEDULED! i cannot possibly see any reason for optimism if auburn plays a quality opponent while we are idle. it has been a common sentiment that the biggest improvement usually comes for a team after the first game and if we are idle then it will be a VERY difficult game. just my opinion but, we need the same opportunity to get a game under our belt and byu in provo will give us all we want.

Can't see why GT scheduled BYU in the first place. Tech should be playing Tenn., 'Bama or So. Carolina IMHO. Any SEC team would be an instant sell-out.
pat.gif

TIAR,B... yeah Boise State Rocks!!! How many top 10 teams did they beat last season??? And how many do they draw in attendance??? Div I or not they are a second tier team at best... I'm sure the TV money just can't wait to bump Jackets vs. BYU Thursday for BYU vs Boise State...
Sure TECH was down lsat season but lets not compare apples and oranges..

Actually, Boise went 12-1 last year and whipped Iowa State in the Blue Field Bowl. They scored at least 52 pts five times last year, including hanging 67 on that Fresno team that we couldn't even beat.

They're not a team that could be a Michigan or Oklahoma, but they can give most above average teams a scare.

Back