BYU lucky to get the win.................

law_bee

Dodd-Like
many got on the BYU bandwagon. The game went the way I expected however w/ Hawaii QB throwing 4 int's this game should not have been close

I agree. Thought both teams made big plays, but they also made a lot of mistakes. Not sure how many turnovers and big mistakes were in this game. BYU made several too. The bad snap was one, but they were not turnoverless either. What on earth was BYU doing going for in on 4th down and 4 not even inside the 45 yard line?

Watching this game makes me think "Cuse isn't a very good team. Hard to tell in first games. Be interesting to see what happens in the UNC/'Cuse game tomorrow. Something tells me UNC won't have 9 turnovers this week.
wink.gif

The BYU QB isn't as good when he's out of pocket. They were able to get good pressure on him. Now that other QB has wheels. He's a good change of pace.

BYU's defense also looked slow. If that's true, I just think that our offense will be okay because we can fly. BYU had some real trouble stopping the draw that Hawaii was running. The LBs were slow, and the defensive backs didn't seem to be overly fast. There offense is awesome, but there defense isn't quite there.

I picked BYU 35-31 in the prediction contest.
Not too shabby!!!!
bigthumbup.gif

Originally posted by beeware:
I picked BYU 35-31 in the prediction contest.
Not too shabby!!!!
bigthumbup.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Hey Beeware... can I take you to Vegas?? Good call...

I think the rain helped BYU alot last night.... and I am not sure if it was due to Hawaii, or if BYU just played a great game last week... but they didnt look as crisp, or as efficient last night. I think we are going to be able to run on these guys, and I think we could be a much faster team than they are used to playing.... am also hoping that its really humid in Atlanta on 9/21....

I told you guys last week Syracuse was not a good gauge for BYU and that Hawaii would be. We should win against BYU as their defense is very slow. There offensive line did not look so hot either...

Did you hear Hullinger say that BYU's DC had been there 21 years?! The guy must be Joseph Smith the Sixth! Have they played ANY D in 21 years?

Back