Can the Dawgs go to Fiesta if Miami loses?

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot
http://espn.go.com/abcsports/bcs/rankings_full/index.html

At above are last weeks BCS rankings. Say Miami loses to VT. Wouldn't they still be ahead of UGAg in the BCS rankings (unless they get killed). They could drop below Ohio State and Iowa and still stay ahead of UGAg. Both would have 1 loss. VT would be higher ranking opponent than Florida as far as team providing loss. VT game will increase their Strength of schedule. Still looks to me like Miami would hold up ahead of the Dawgs for the Fiesta...

I do not know for sure. I just hope The Canes win so we won't have to hear about how UGA went to the Fiesta Bowl for the next year.

If Miami lost, would you rather see UGA vs Ohio State or Iowa vs Ohio State.

I had rather see the State of Georgia have a shot at knocking off one of the Big Ten teams, rather than two Big Ten teams vying for the national title.

If it comes down to Iowa and Ohio State, we will never here the last of it on the network sports programs.

It would be the old Big Ten dominates football show!

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
If Miami lost, would you rather see UGA vs Ohio State or Iowa vs Ohio State.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Anybody but UGAg. Whoever plays OSU is gonna roll them like a 80 year old grandma. They have no QB, just Claret.

ESPN.com BCS Standings

If UGAg wins the SEC championship game and Miami loses their game against VT, there would be virtually no question that UGAg would go to the Fiesta Bowl. If UGAg loses to Arkansas, then I suppose Miami could afford a loss to VT and still be in the Fiesta Bowl. If that happens though, it could also put USC or Iowa in the Fiesta Bowl.

That said, I hope Miami kills VT this weekend.

I would love to see Southern Cal get the invite to play in the Sugar against the dawgies... that would be a very interesting game... These Bowl folks should look at the potential matchups and then send the invitations... USC vs UGA would rock and the TV #'s would be huge...

Back