Can We Build a Case Against UGA and His Owners?

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
How can we end the practice of "half-inbreeding" by the Uga owners? I think it's terrible what is done to those dogs.

Animal Cruelty Laws said:
http://www.ganet.state.ga.us/cgi-bin/pub/ocode/ocgsearch?number=16-12-4

Georgia Code Ann. 16-12-4 et seq.

Animal Cruelty is defined as: "causes death or unjustifiable physical pain or suffering to any animal by an act, an omission, or willful neglect. Willful neglect means the intentional withholding of food and water required by an animal to prevent starvation or dehydration." This is a misdemeanor with a fine up to $1000 and/or imprisonment for up to 1 year. A second or subsequent conviction carries of fine of up to $5000 and imprisonment for up to 1 year. A second or subsequent conviction which resulted in the death of an animal will be a misdemeanor of "a high and aggravated nature" with imprisonment for a minimum 3 months, maximum 12 months and/or a fine up to $10,000.

Aggravated Cruelty is defined as: "knowingly and maliciously causes death or physical harm to an animal by rendering a part of such animal’s body useless or by seriously disfiguring such animal." This carries imprisonment of minimum 1 year, maximum 5 years, and/or a fine up to $15,000. Exemptions are made for agricultural, animal husbandry, butchering, food processing, marketing, scientific, research, medical, zoological, exhibition, competitive, hunting, trapping, fishing, wildlife management, or pest control practices or the authorized practice of veterinary medicine.

UGA I:

Uga_I_mascot.jpg

UGA VIII:

UGA%20VIII.jpg

Back