Can we officially Embrace the "CHAN ERA" now??

GoldZ

Dodd-Like
BOR, many were too quick to condemn, and IMO it's too early to crown CCG as Da Man just yet. It's like all the talk about COTY going on...it's premature. Afterall, it is coach of the YEAR award, not coach of October award. There's a lot of football to be played. Our performance vs. 2 teams we will have outmanned, one where we are basically on even footing, and one where we are outgunned, will tell us a lot. A loss to either of the first 2 or a blowout loss to either of the latter 2, when combined with the Clemson meltdown and the need for OT against the likes of Vandy, will present us with a lot of questions. OTOH, if we take care of biz AND even more importantly sign a FULL contingent of players in Feb. that also got OFFERS from the big boys, then let the coronation begin. THWG

Hey. I am a Dallas Cowboys fan. I was pullin' for them when Gailey was there, too. I think Gailey is a great coach. I got to shake his hand after the game Thursday night. It was great. I think he is a great man. GO CHAN!

--Randall Ray Culbertson
--A GT Freshman
--Thanks GT Defense. Y'all got us the win here against Maryland. Let's go team, we got the Dukies next.

I think you always support the coach 100% until he proves he's not going to get it done and then you mercifully remove them from the position and go back to the drawing board. So far CCG is doing a very good job and making progress. Things couldn't be a whole lot better but, as has been noted, giving the bullmutts HELL is an immediate priority.

I really believe we have a good man that has had a definite plan in mind from the beginning and an unflappable resolve to see it through to it's finish.

Can the naysayers at least say now that we have a good coach that can lead us in the direction we want to go?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">He's most certainly changed my opinion in the past 2 months. The UGA game left an incredibly bad taste in my mouth because we quit and then it carried over to the performance in the bowl game. Looks as though he's certainly corrected that.

Its funny...

Posters who wanted to give Gailey a chance were
labeled as FOC'ers. Gailey has now proven that
he deserves that chance that many were asking he
be given.

Most of us that wanted to see Gailey given a chance
had concerns. Many still do.

I'm just glad to see the staff and team prove that
they are making the most of the opportunity that
many people didn't even want to afford them...

We have to continue to play hard and improve in
the Duke and UNC games if we want to win them and
be in a position to upset UVA.

I'm not even going to think about the UGA game until
after the UVA game. I suggest everyone else follow
suit.

Sure, we can embrace the Chan era. The criicism was never justified. If we lose to UGA it is no reason to not welcome the Chan era. They have better material than we do even with the whining about "all the injuries". Chan is going to succeed here and we will be competitive with UGA when we get out roster back to the max number of players. And no, I'm not conceding the game to them this year.

I want to wait until the season is over and look at the entire record before offering a critique of CCG. Given the cards that he has been dealt this season, I'm pretty impressed with him so far. I thought it was a real gutsy call to move Reggie into the QB slot at the beginning of the season. So far... so good.

Would be interesting to revisit this question sometime in Jan, 2004.

BuzzB

CG has done a better job of coaching than I expected. Major kudos for giving the QB job to Reggie. That move took the type of guts thatI felt Gailey lacked. Very thankful for our recruiting from 3-4 years ago and Coach Tenuta,.....he's 100% business,....100% Football.

Hopefully our unexpected success this season will translate to our recruiting efforts. That said,...the Hill had better wise up and let us recruit the type of players we need to compete for the ACC Championship rather than handicap us with additional academic standards.

GATA JACKETS!!!

Originally posted by Driver8:
Very thankful for our recruiting from 3-4 years ago and Coach Tenuta,.....he's 100% business,....100% Football.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I guess the recruits from 1-2 years ago are no longer on the roster?

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Is that the "CHAN ERA"....or "CHAN ERROR"?

Time will tell.
shocked.gif

I am very much heartened by the last four games. It appears, we are making progress as we go, but the next game always scares me to death.

I refuse to consider another game until after the Duke game. The Duke game scares me. Those kids and Roof are fighting for their life in their stadium.

I have my hopes up and my fingers crossed, hoping we can beat them at their house.

Father Time

Originally posted by beeware:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BarrelORum:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Is that the "CHAN ERA"....or "CHAN ERROR"?

Time will tell.
shocked.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">What do you mean? Please offer examples of error and how you would have handled it differently. Until you step to the plate and answer the question for everyone, I'll be just as much of a broken record as you are.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BarrelORum:

Time will tell.
shocked.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Why don't you just go away beeware? No one on the board wants to read your crap and your thread hijacking needs to stop! You cry more than a little baby!!
behead.gif

Originally posted by Driver8:
CG has done a better job of coaching than I expected. Major kudos for giving the QB job to Reggie. That move took the type of guts thatI felt Gailey lacked. Very thankful for our recruiting from 3-4 years ago and Coach Tenuta,.....he's 100% business,....100% Football.

Hopefully our unexpected success this season will translate to our recruiting efforts. That said,...the Hill had better wise up and let us recruit the type of players we need to compete for the ACC Championship rather than handicap us with additional academic standards.

GATA JACKETS!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Right DRIVER...Oleary recruited such studs as Ball,Daniels,Scott..Exct..???? Oleary had the foresight to move Hollings to RB??? I bet Tony Hollings wants to give some of that NFL money to Oleary since he was so smart to move him to RB ???

Time will tell.
shocked.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It was nice meeting you at the game Beeware. I did think the 51-7 sign and the foam bulldog head was a bit excessive though.

that the "CHAN ERA"....or "CHAN ERROR"?

Time will tell.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LOL

well well well!

now we have the detractors stating that "time will tell". isn't it great?

they've stepped down from claiming that this hire is definitely an error (remember how this bozo would keep stating that he was prescient about this? LOL) to stating that "time will tell"

hahahahahaha

ain't it great?

Hey mods, Beeware just gave you a prime example of hijacking a thread.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BOR,

You are completely ridiculous. All I did was answer the question you asked....completely on topic. Not even close to a thread hijack.

Your personal attack on me was hijacking your own thread.

I repeat, you are ridiculous.

Hey mods, Beeware just gave you a prime example of hijacking a thread.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BOR,

You are completely ridiculous. All I did was answer the question you asked....completely on topic. Not even close to a thread hijack.

Your personal attack on me was hijacking your own thread.

I repeat, you are ridiculous.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BuzzOFF beeware! Nobody here wants to listen to your crap anymore! Take a hike to BuzzOFF!!! You are a disgrace to call yourself a GT fan!

Okay chief, we know you're reading this thread now post the errors you've seen and how you could/would have done it differently.

Now that we have vanquished the demons of our past, ie. The Fridge, are we at a point where we can embrace this coach and support him 100%? Has he earned it yet?

Can the naysayers at least say now that we have a good coach that can lead us in the direction we want to go?

I think we got a HELLUVA coach and he's done a Helluva job this year. The future is beginning to look bright again.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think the long range future looks very good. I like what Lee Corso said on 790..That Gailey is building something very special here at GT...I do hope that fans dont expect too much until he gets all 4 or 5 of his classes in here..Now saying that i expect bowl games the next 2 to 3 years and at least being in the hunt for championships every year after that....

Back