Can we officially Embrace the "CHAN ERA" now??

Now that we have vanquished the demons of our past, ie. The Fridge, are we at a point where we can embrace this coach and support him 100%? Has he earned it yet?

Can the naysayers at least say now that we have a good coach that can lead us in the direction we want to go?

I think we got a HELLUVA coach and he's done a Helluva job this year. The future is beginning to look bright again.

i think we have a solid coach and i have been extolling us to support him since the start.

but there are legitimate concerns. let's wait for the season to finish.

the Maryland demon was definitely huge (literally and figuratively) and we vanquished it like nobody's business (the fridge's ego is really bruised cause they scored a whopping 3 points against us) but there are still some demons left.

the Clemson demon has sprung up and cannot be vanquished this season.

Moreover, the Clemson demon introduced another demon .. the "inability to handle modest success" demon. we've got to take care of UNC and Duke to vanquish this demon.

the biggest demon left however is the Georgia demon and Gailey needs to show that he can fight to the death with this demon if not totally vanquish it.

After all the program has been through, I think Chan has done a commendable job, and I back him 100%.

So many demons! Let's take of business against the 2 remaining NC schools, and then focus on the Hoos.

Originally posted by beeware:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BarrelORum:
Hey mods, Beeware just gave you a prime example of hijacking a thread.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BOR,

You are completely ridiculous. All I did was answer the question you asked....completely on topic. Not even close to a thread hijack.

Your personal attack on me was hijacking your own thread.

I repeat, you are ridiculous.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Beeware, all you did was take a cheap shot. You didn't answer my question, nor did you even try to.

Chan Gailey and this team have demonstrated that we as fans should expect nothing less than a bowl invite on a yearly basis. Did not say a respectable bowl, but an invite somewhere at the least.

This is a very good thing. It tells me that GT has the respect of D1 bound high school players, and in bad years, we will still attract enough ball players to compete.

This is not meant to detract one iota from the remarkable job CCG has done this year with flunkgate etal. My point is, imo, we have found the "how bad can it get" level at Tech.

We should win the next 2. We should split the final 2. No guarantees obviously.

To answer the original question, YES. Georgia Tech has its football coach. Go Jackets!

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
Beeware, all you did was take a cheap shot. You didn't answer my question, nor did you even try to. You're a dumb ass.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">He won't answer the question. He is a hit and run artist. Much better than 20ozbulldog.
pat.gif

While BeeWare normally does hijack threads, this time he didn't. the topic was can we embrace the Chan Eera? Beeware said time will tell, which is on target. Outside of that, Beeware is a blowhard and loves the attention of calling out Chan and us GT fans.

Hey mods, Beeware just gave you a prime example of hijacking a thread. Why don't you boot his sorry ass once and for all? How long will this guy be given a voice? He's a Damn imbecile and its obvious all he likes to do is piss off Jacket fans.The dog posters on this board don't even do that. Isn't it kind of pathetic?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Actually you are the one who is ruining the thread. A question was asked. Beeware answered. If you dont want answers, don't ask questions. Now I have noted YOU as the attempted thread hijacker and thats quite a feat considering you started the thread.

LLCoolJacket, I have to disagree with you on your statements of our next four games.

Sometimes we can let our own expectations get the best of reality.

Earlier in the season, many were saying we might not even beat Duke nor North Carolina. Were underdogs to Wake Forest, NCSU, and Maryland. We upset all three, but that does not change the players nor coaches we have. That also does not change the players nor coaches at Duke.

Oops, the coaches at Duke did change, but at this time, we don't know for better or worse. My point is that it is not automatic we will beat Duke nor North Carolina.

We will have to fight like mad to beat both of them. Yes, I expect we will be a small favorite over Duke by the oddsmakers. If we win, we will be a small favorite over NC. It we lose to Duke, the oddsmakers will probably show that games as a toss-up.

I see us being underdogs to both Virginia and UGA. If we beat Duke and North Carolina, we will still be underdogs to NC and UGA, but it will give us a reason to play hard for the last two games.

I don't think we can assume we will beat Duke, North Carolina, and one of the remaining two games. It certainly would be nice, but it is not a given. In fact, it would be "out of this world" if we could run the table.

The odds are greatly against this happening, but I have my fingers and toes crossed.

Father Time

Jackson Jacket;

Originally posted by beeware:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can we officially Embrace the "CHAN ERA" now??
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is that the "CHAN ERA"....or "CHAN ERROR"?

Time will tell.

What do you mean? Please offer examples of error and how you would have handled it differently. Until you step to the plate and answer the question for everyone, I'll be just as much of a broken record as you are.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'll answer for b'ware:
In his warped view of the GT world of sports, hiring Chan in the first place was the error. He would have made McWhorter the head coach.

Would we have been better off with Mac nstead of Chan? Probably not, but at least we wouldn't have had to read beeware's character assinations ad nausium.

Originally posted by GEETEELEE:
Would we have been better off with Mac nstead of Chan? Probably not, but at least we wouldn't have had to read beeware's character assinations ad nausium.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'm not so sure... I think we'd be reading inflammatory posts from bee(ware|bad) no matter what happened.

Originally posted by BeeStorm:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BarrelORum:
Hey mods, Beeware just gave you a prime example of hijacking a thread. Why don't you boot his sorry ass once and for all? How long will this guy be given a voice? He's a Damn imbecile and its obvious all he likes to do is piss off Jacket fans.The dog posters on this board don't even do that. Isn't it kind of pathetic?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Actually you are the one who is ruining the thread. A question was asked. Beeware answered. If you dont want answers, don't ask questions. Now I have noted YOU as the attempted thread hijacker and thats quite a feat considering you started the thread.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Way to moderate.
puke.gif

I have stated my displeasure
on this board for some of the things
I saw taking place under CCG. I guess
I am with other fonts regarding the
debacle with UGAG last year and the
the bowl game. But like I have said
I am man enough and old enough to see
the errors of my ways. CCG and his staff
have proven me wrong and I am 100% behind
CCG and his staff.

Miracles do happen!

AHSO and I actually agree on something.

AHSO, sir you are correct regarding the
up-coming Duke game.

I too think the Duke game "could" be
a very dangerous game for us considering
how many times we have played at Wallace-Wade
and either got beat by a poor Duke team or
just got out with a narrow win.

I will be there, I hope to see the rest
of you guys there too!

"TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!!"
"IT'S GREAT TO BEE A YELLOW JACKET!!"
----------------
OLD MAN TIME

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BeeStorm:
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Way to moderate.
puke.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BOR - I actually like having beeware around for the sole fact that you get so worked up about his posts. It is obviously bait so I would suggest that you just start using something akin to your "Bob Saget" response when 20oz tries to bait everyone on the other board.

Sure 20oz is more creative with his bait, but at the end of the day he and beeware are both just trying to get a rise out of everyone.

Maybe a better idea is just to go ahead and include our updated offensive statistics in your signature so then beeware won't have to post them every time he jumps into an argument.

Ahso, your disagreement is respectfully noted. Here is how I see it, though. The season is not 11 or 12 individual events. It is more like a river with a current running in it. Our river is running downstream right now.

Without the goofy anology, we have a positive momentum working for us now. The last 4 games, all wins, have put us in a nice position where I think our players believe they will win the next one.

It appears that you discount the notion of success breeds success. I said we should win the next 2 because of the win streak and the added confidence.

Duke is a scary proposition because of the coaching change. However, we can take their new found emotion out if we are able to line up and run the ball consistently. Being physically whipped is very demoralizing.

I have stated my displeasure
on this board for some of the things
I saw taking place under CCG. I guess
I am with other fonts regarding the
debacle with UGAG last year and the
the bowl game. But like I have said
I am man enough and old enough to see
the errors of my ways. CCG and his staff
have proven me wrong and I am 100% behind
CCG and his staff.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'm with you Old. Guilty as charged but forever a Jacket fan. And since there's no game this week, GO GATORS.

LL, I do agree that positive emotions can help carry a team and that success breeds confidence which breeds more success...to a certain point. As long as confidence doesn't become overconfidence, and as long as the positive emotions are coupled with hard work and intensity you are 100% correct. My fear is that I've seen too many teams, especially when young guys are in key positions, overlook teams like Duke because they have decided we've "made it" or "turned the corner". Focus is the key.

And to oldgold and 2BT..the Ugag disaster caused most of us (if not all) to have doubts about where this was all heading. It was an ugly thing that should never have happened. To be honest though, the bowl game to me just pointed out the problems with last year's team to me. That is, we didn't have any play makers.

As lousy as we played, a couple of throws made to the right spot (by either QB), and 2 screwups by DBs were the difference in the final score and us winning by a couple of TDs. That game to me was more about guys not making the play rather than the collapse of Ugag. I actually felt better about the team after the bowl than I did after Ugag. Especially when Chan got hot at AJ. I think that's where his new attitude started. But that's just me.

Back