Can We Run On UGA Like AUB Did?...

SouthGa

Varsity Lurker
Is our OL up to the task? We don't just fire out like the big power teams, we do a lot of pulling and fold blocks. I've got to believe Miami's "D" is better than UGA's. Also, we have really given the immobile QB's a tough time but UVA's and VT's QBs gave us fits. Shockley is UGA's team, they looked horrible against ARK and FL without him. It will be interesting how Tenuta will try to put pressure on Shockley without giv'in him a wide open field. It seems like everytime Shockley is pressured he throws it up to that big TE and lets him outmuscle the DB for the ball. I just don't think UGA will beat us with the running game. Just my thoughts
South Georgia Jacket

We (as fans) have to be ready for Ugag to hit the underneath routes a LOT on us. He's going to bring the heat on DJ and our corners and safties will be playing back so the underneath stuff will be open, we've just got to tackle immediately.

I do believe we can run as well if not better than AU did. The OL did well against big and fast in UM, and I think Ugag's DL is more big than fast. Their LBs are fast so I don't know how much luck we'll have stringing out run plays towards the sidelines.

IMO if were gonna beat uga we'll have to run and I believe we'll run straight at them their LB's are very fast.
I also believe CJ will be a huge factor in this game.

Calvin is the only major advantage our offense has on their defense. I expect a lot of throws his way unless of course UGA doubles...Then I expect a lot of runs and screens to the side he's on. I just hope for no major mistakes...and I hope to be within 3 points at halftime. Chan always seems to make very good halftime adjustments.

Not to mention that their DB's are extremelly short, not only CJ but D-Bo can also get the jump balls, assuming the balls are not thrown short and to the inside.

Dbo has proved he can catch that slant across the middle, if they double Calvin, I say we burn them with this one all day long!

I just want to see RB being used as the running threat he is. Reggie can be a Great college quarterback if used the proper way.
We will establish the running game with RB, TC, and hopefully PJ. When we do, look for more single coverage on CJ. CJ, DBo and others can have a huge night.

By the way, my yearly dress code memo just went out to the staff. Any outfits combing gold, white and navy will be viewed as suitable. No exceptions. Happy Thanksgiving!

I certaintly do not want to leave Dbo out he has done a terrific job this season, if they double CJ we'll have to check off to another reciever and they will double. Key will be RB picking up the change up when they do it.

The leghumpers are a good team but we can beat them if we excute.

I think there's one thing for sure IF RB hits a seam He's gone.

Back